Brewer Fanatic

2021-09-24: Mets (Megill) at Brewers (Lauer) [Brewers win, 5-1 -- Lauer gives the Crew 6.2 solid innings; Wong, Adames, & Yelich each homer]

Eye Black

Happ loads the bases with 1 down, and looks to be pretty much done. Proceeds to mow down the next two guys to get out of it. Because of course he does.

The sooner the Brewers can end this once and for all, the better. I'm sick of the Cardinals, and having to root for the Cubs is insult to injury.

Yeah, trying to root for the Cubs is painful.

Welp ... 4-0 now.

Brewers gonna have to take care of their own business this weekend.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The odds of winning 20 in a row are obviously not high. Conveniently, twenty consecutive fair coins flipping heads is a one in a million outcome. (Nice mnemonic when you think about what one in a million really means.)

But...the last ten don't matter any more for predicting...when ten previous heads are already in the books, now they just need ten straight heads. That is down to one in a thousand. (Again, assuming a 50-50 fair coin...whether this coin is fair is an exercise for the reader.).

Having both ten straight heads for them and ten straight tails for them...it's back to a one in a million.

Of course, if it is the hated Cardinals in September with the Brewers' best season on the line? All bets, as they say, are off.

If it comes down to a dodgers Cardinals wild card game I may have to rethink my wanting the dodgers to lose no matter what.

Right now the Cardinals have the scariest lineup in baseball.

Goldschmidt by himself is better than anyone in the Brewers lineup by a substantial amount.

Edited to clarify.

Edited by yourout

If it comes down to a dodgers Cardinals wild card game I may have to rethink my wanting the dodgers to lose no matter what.

Goldschmidt by himself is better than anyone on the Brewers roster by a substantial amount.

Yah, no thanks. The Dodgers rotation is disturbingly good and their entire line up is simply insane. Why are you scared of one batter, who by the way, wasn't even the best hitter on his team this year by OPS? And what on earth does it even mean for him to be better than anyone on our roster by a substantial amount? I would, easily, take Woodruff/Peralta/OR Burnes over Goldy every day of the week....especially in the postseason.

There is absolutely no logical argument for preferring the Cardinals over the Dodgers UNLESS you really believe in the hot team entering the postseason (which it is too soon to really call a team going into the postseason hot). Which the Dodgers probably go into the postseason 'hot' too anyway. The Dodgers are just flat out better than than the Cardinals by a wide margin, even the Brewers are way better despite short term memory results.

People have often criticized the 'Wall of Honor' and have called it ridiculous. Yet you watch guys like Gallardo come back and almost come to tears talking about the impact the organization had. Then Gomez thanking guys like Roenicke for his career really brings in to perspective the worthiness of having it has. It has been really cool to see most of these players inducted return for such a trivial induction, really shows how happy and thankful they were for their time here.

Goldschmidt by himself is better than anyone on the Brewers roster by a substantial amount.

Yah, no thanks. The Dodgers rotation is disturbingly good and their entire line up is simply insane. Why are you scared of one batter, who by the way, wasn't even the best hitter on his team this year by OPS? And what on earth does it even mean for him to be better than anyone on our roster by a substantial amount? I would, easily, take Woodruff/Peralta/OR Burnes over Goldy every day of the week....especially in the postseason.

There is absolutely no logical argument for preferring the Cardinals over the Dodgers UNLESS you really believe in the hot team entering the postseason (which it is too soon to really call a team going into the postseason hot). Which the Dodgers probably go into the postseason 'hot' too anyway. The Dodgers are just flat out better than than the Cardinals by a wide margin, even the Brewers are way better despite short term memory results.

The sad truth is that either of those 2 teams team has a better batting line-up than we have. We too often need to pull a rabbit out of the hat, those guys have more rabbits than hats. I'll gladly reconsider that if someone shows me the numbers that I am too lazy to look up.