Brewer Fanatic

Game 4 recap

Jimbo

Final: White House 28, Brewerfan.net 5

Box

Stats

No pictures last night - too dark.

A big welcome to any White House guys checking us out today. Our team website is here.

1st Inning ? Top

*Buszkiewicz walked.

*Macias singled, Buszkiewicz to third. On Houlie24x?s throwing error, Buskiewicz scored, Macias to third.

*Miekatz walked.

*Luedtke homered, Macias scored, Miekatz scored.

*Wheaton infield singled.

*Henson singled, Wheaton to second.

*Murphy grounded into fielder?s choice, Wheaton to third, Robin19 to Brewer Fever, Henson out.

*Young walked, Murphy to second.

*Turner walked, Wheaton scored, Murphy to third, Young to second.

*Barger singled, Murphy scored, Young to third, Turner to second.

*Buszkiewicz singled, Young scored, Turner scored, Barger to third.

*Macias singled, Barger scored, Buszkiewicz to third.

*Miekatz walked, Macias to second.

*Luedtke singled, Buszkiewicz scored, Macias scored, Miekatz to third.

*Wheaton flied out to Houlie24x.

*Henson singled, Miekatz scored, Luedtke to third.

*Murphy doubled, Luedtke scored, Henson scored.

*Young grounded out, bball123h to radman12484.

14 R, 9 H, 1 E. WH 14, BF 0

1st Inning ? Bottom

*brewerjamie15 struck out (foul).

*Houlie24x infield singled.

*razzzorsharp struck out (foul).

*AJAY singled, Houlie24x to second.

*Jimbo grounded out, Buszkiewicz unassisted.

0 R, 2 H, 0 E. WH 14, BF 0

2nd Inning ? Top

Defensive substitution:

razzzorsharp in leftfield for Houlie24x.

*Turner flied out to DougJones43.

*Barger singled.

*Buszkiewicz walked, Barger to second.

*Macias singled, Barger scored, Buszkiewicz to second.

*Miekatz singled, Buszkiewicz scored, Macias to second.

*Luedkte flied out to DougJones43. Macias tagged to third.

*Wheaton doubled, Macias scored, Miekatz scored.

*Henson doubled, Wheaton scored.

*Murphy reached on radman12484?s dropped throw, Henson scored, Murphy to second.

*Young lined out to bball123h.

6 R, 5 H, 1 E. WH 20, BF 0

2nd Inning ? Bottom

*DougJones43 popped out to Buszkiewicz.

*valpocrewsader walked.

*bball123h flied out to Macias.

*nullbyte doubled, valpocrewsader scored.

*Robin19 singled, nullbyte scored.

*Brewer Fever singled, Robin19 to third.

*Brian The Automator grounded out, Wheaton to Murphy.

2 R, 3 H, 0 E. WH 20, BF 2

3rd Inning ? Top

Defensive substitutions:

Robin19 at pitcher.

bball123h at firstbase for radman12484.

brewerjamie15 at secondbase.

Jimbo at thirdbase.

valpocrewsader at shortstop.

AJAY in left-centerfield for DougJones43.

colbyjack in right-centerfield for nullbyte.

AJOHNSON104 in rightfield.

*Turner tripled.

*Barger walked.

*Buszkiewicz flied out to Brewer Fever.

*Macias singled, Turner scored, Barger to second.

*Miekatz singled, Barger scored, Macias to second.

*Luedtke popped out to brewerjamie15.

*Wheaton singled, Macias scored, Miekatz to second.

*Henson doubled, Miekatz scored, Wheaton to third.

*Murphy grounded out, Robin19 to bball123h.

4 R, 5 H, 0 E. WH 24, BF 2

3rd Inning ? Bottom

*AJOHNSON104 grounded out, Young to Miekatz.

*radman12484 flied out to Henson.

*colbyjack flied out to Henson.

0 R, 0 H, 0 E. WH 24, BF 2

4th Inning ? Top

*Young singled.

*Turner grounded into fielder?s choice, AJAY to brewerjamie15, Young out.

*Barger grounded into fielder?s choice, valpocrewsader to brewerjamie15, Turner out.

*Buskiewicz struck out (foul).

0 R, 1 H, 0 E. WH 24, BF 2

4th Inning ? Bottom

*brewerjamie15 lined out Buszkiewicz.

*Houlie24x singled.

*razzzorsharp singled, Houlie24x to second.

*AJAY tripled, Houlie 24x scored, razzzorsharp scored.

*Jimbo grounded out, Buskiwicz to Miekatz, AJAY scored.

*DougJones43 singled.

*valpocrewsader grounded out, Wheaton to Murphy.

3 R, 4 H, 0 E. WH 24, BF 5

5th Inning ? Top

Defensive substitution:

Brewer Fever at catcher.

Brian The Automator at firstbase for bball123h.

*Macias singled.

*Miekatz struck out (foul).

*Luedkte homered, Macias scored.

*Wheaton singled.

*Henson flied out to AJAY.

*Murphy homered, Wheaton singled.

*Young flied out to AJAY.

4 R, 4 H, 0 E. WH 28, BF 5

5th Inning ? Bottom

*bball123h flied out to Macias.

*nulbyte infield singled.

*Robin19 flied out to Macias.

*Brewer Fever singled, nullbyte to second.

*Brian The Automator struck out (swing).

0 R, 2 H, 0 E. WH 28, BF 5

We were crushed. I pitched the first inning, they scored 14 runs. I pitched the second, they scored 6 more. I have no idea what I gave up in the third, but my ERA is around one million.

I'm in an 0-6 slump right now (two games without a hit) and just below my index finger on my glove hand is bruised and swollen from catching a throw to force an out at second base. (I held onto the ball)

I wish I could say we gave White House a run for their money in that game, but it was a slaughter. Midway through the game, they stopped taking extra bases which was admirable, they could have run up the score by another ten runs or more.

edit: I should have beaned someone.

Maybe we need to fire the manager?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I posted this in the other thread, but in case nobody is looking there anymore, I will say it again . . .

Even though we got clobbered, I had a really fun time. I love playing against good teams and getting tested out there. I really love the challenge.

Can't wait for next week.

I do think it is good to have substitutions to get everyone more playing time. But I also think we had too many guys at once playing out of position. Maybe there might be a better way of rotating guys in and out so that eveyone plays positions that they are more experienced with. It seemed like we really struggled with defense as a team.

I played in a league last winter and if you played D, you played for the whole game. It's nice IMO. Some games you just bat and some games you play D & bat. Not like you play less innings, just don't substitute during the game. Makes the game go smooth. Substitute weekly, rather than during a game is my preference.

Why go through the lineup twice and learn where guys hit, only to get yanked and have the next guy guessing? If you have two guys that play Right-center, why not play alternate each week? They can both always bat right?

I really preferred it. Plus, it's kind of fun to sit there and just worry about batting while giving your teammates a hard time.

Quote:
So, I take it there isn't a 10-run mercy rule?

Nope, just the one hour mercy rule http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

10 runs really isn't a whole lot in softball, it seems.. I'd probably divide everything by 3 to get normal scores.

AJAY:

We were pretty much had done the "same old, same old" the first three games. I think we saw this as an opprotunity to mixed things up a bit. I appreciate the opprotunity to play 3B and bat fifth, but it's pretty obvious I was out of place on both counts.

ALL:

Jamie and I threw some ideas around in the parking lot last night with regards to the batting order.

I did some rough back of the envelope calculations.

Using a lineup ranked by OBP, best to worst:

40 PA, 21 outs, 19 baserunners

Using a lineup ranked by OBP, worst to best:

36 PA, 21 outs, 15 baserunners

How many more runs an extra 4 baserunners produce, I don't know. But the difference between most efficient and least efficient is just a couple of runs. Mixing up a lineup and changing the rotation would fall somewhere in between.

If I have some time this weekend, I'll throw together a quick simulation program and see what come out.

I figure the best thing to do is man up and state my mind about the pitching situation. I don't think if I had pitched yesterday it would have turned a loss into a win. That team was just flat out a far cry better than us. However, I kind of feel it's a waste not to have me pitch for the little time I'm here. Looking back I thought game experience would be important for those who pitch after I'm gone. But then again I had no game experience in two years leading up to game 1 of this year. My prep came by practicing. In the weeks leading up to our season I would go to a nearby softaball diamond and throw pitch after pitch, getting my feel. I had the idea that an inning or two at the end of a game would be a good taste for someone. Either way, I think those who intend to pitch for this team should spend a little time on the side practicing, just as I did. It just seems kind of strange to have me not pitch at all during one of the few games I'm here. I came to the park last night thinking I was pitching and then I don't even pitch one inning. In all honesty I think that's a waste.

Yesterday is over with, but I am still here for one more week. And I think it would be foolish not to utilize me at pitcher. After this week I'll be gone and there still will be 5 games left for anyone who wants to replace me to get plenty of action of the mound. A whole half season remains after I'm gone. Meaning that I will play not a second more than one half of a season. I plan on bringing my best effort next week and I vow to come to the game prepared focused and determined. I'm treating this game as the last game I'll be able to play for a while, because that's exactly what it is. I want what's best for the team both on a next game basis and after I'm gone. I just think that whoever pitches after I'm gone, that their success will have much more to do with practicing on their own, than anything they'd get out of an inning or two thrown to the wolves before they've had a chance to prepare.

If the team decides not to have me pitch, I will accept that. Remember, if that is the case, it will mean that I pitched only 3 games. What started out as me being here for 7 out of 10 games has turned into me being here for only 5 because of rainouts. To wind up pitching just 3 games seems silly.

My take:

Yesterday was a loss. We knew that going in for the most part. It's just a fact that they are a better team. As far as the switching positions/subbing in a game like that I am all for it. The first three games I started third base and I played every inning so when it came to this week and I sat all but one inning I thought it was just my turn. I know it might sound egotistical but I would like to have our best players out there in games that we stand a chance, or at least a better chance, in. I believe that next week we should start with the regular lineups again that will give us the best chance of winning because we can win next week. After half the game, I don't mind being subbed out at third, if that's where I am, and replaced by someone who can handle the position. In fact if someone is better than me, and that wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination at all, then I feel that they should start in the winnable games. This brings us to the pitching situation. Like Fever said we weren't winning so, in my opinion, we might as well get others in the game. There is no experience like game experience and I think it helped both Robin and Jamie. Now this week is another story and I think Fever should be the pitcher and start at least half the game there. Now this all goes back to what our team philosophy is, do we play to win or play to have fun. I myself have more fun when we win but that isn't everything and I really do believe everyone should get equal playing time and at bats. It just seems that we should mess around with line-ups/positions during those very difficult, almost un-winnable games as opposed to game like next week.

My honest opinion, I know I dont post much but...I think if we are gonna try new positions out for players and move people to spots they've never been, we should be doing it when we are either up by a lot or if we are down by a lot.
One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

Brewer Fever: We knew we were going to lose and were mixing up every position, including pitcher. I want you out there next week when the game should be a little closer.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

It sounds like you guys are in a tough league. Maybe next year I'll be rich and able to afford to drive 4 hours round trip to play. (but I doubt it). In the league I play in, I do have a career 1.600ish OPS ~.^ (It is an easier league though i'm pretty sure.)

Archived