Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin vs Notre Dame (at Soldier Field) Thread

homer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you run the same play over and over again defenses start to catch on. You would think after the 1st INT you would change up the routes. Not PC let's run it again!

That is 2 INT where the defender just jumped the route because they knew the route.

Yes Mertz shouldn't have thrown it but this is also a scheme and play calling issue. You can't just keep on running the same play over and over again. You have to change some things up in the calls.

PC is unwilling to make these changes and adjustments to his play calls.

He needs to be fired or removed from the play calling. If WI continues on with PC this team at best is a top 15 team and nothing more.

I’m hoping Mertz goes in the portal, goes somewhere and has success. Maybe if enough things occur they will make a much needed change.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

3 interceptions where the route was jumped. I think that is a play calling issue and also a QB issue. I don't believe Mertz is this bad and this is all on the coaching side of things as he has way too much talent to be this bad.

I don't know.....he's pretty bad.

Wow.....Can someone please put Mertz in the portal?

If he goes in the transfer portal he will probably find success somewhere else and be that elite QB. There is some obvious coaching issues going on here as someone as talented as Mertz shouldn't be playing this bad. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he transfers after this season and he goes to a school like Oklahoma or Auburn and becomes a 1st round draft pick.

Wow.....Can someone please put Mertz in the portal?

If he goes in the transfer portal he will probably find success somewhere else and be that elite QB. There is some obvious coaching issues going on here as someone as talented as Mertz shouldn't be playing this bad. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he transfers after this season and he goes to a school like Oklahoma or Auburn and becomes a 1st round draft pick.

Oh yeah, if I was Oklahoma I would be drooling when seeing Mertz in the transfer portal. :laughing

In fairness to Mertz, while not ignoring the fact that the guy is a MAC level player, from top to bottom this is the "least football talented" group of offensive players I've seen at Wisconsin in a long, long time. Mertz sucks. I wish the broadcasters would quit talking up Mellusi, he is very, very ordinary and a sub-par when talking about Big 10 starting running backs. Needless to say, there is not one receiver that is even close to a Cephus (and Cephus was very good, but not really great). The offensive line looks heavy-footed and very unathletic. OK, Jake Ferguson is a plus pass-catching tight end. They have that. Only hope is that the defense can create enough turnovers to keep all the games close (although Mertz will likely screw them all up in the end)...or the Big 10 turns out to be a bad conference this year.

Community Moderator
I probably won’t watch another game this year. This team is boring—both the coaching and the personnel. Even if they win it will still be uninteresting. Without a running game there nothing redeemable at all about this style of football.

Oh yeah, if I was Oklahoma I would be drooling when seeing Mertz in the transfer portal. :laughing

Mertz was recruited by Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson and Notre Dame. So there has been interest in him so I wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma or another top school would still be interested in him if he went into the transfer portal. He would definitely get picked up by one of the top 15 schools. They don't need to be drooling over him to pick him up in the transfer portal.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on either Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma or any other top 10 schools if he entered the transfer portal after this year.