Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin vs Notre Dame (at Soldier Field) Thread

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
2JbgePF.jpeg
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think we are favored in this game? I know ND hasn't been good but I don't know if we can score points!

You underestimate how good Penn State's defense is.

Notre Dame gave up a combined total of 14 sacks to FSU, Toledo, and Purdue. Notre Dame also gave up 264 yards rushing to 0-3 FSU (who lost to Jacksonville State) and allowed Toledo's RB to gain over 100 yards.

That's why UW is favored - based on play so far, UW is expected to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

ND struggled big time to beat an 0-3 Florida State team, then needed a late TD to beat a Toledo team that scored a whopping 6 points against Colorado State. Can't say their beating Purdue at home was all that impressive either.

Wisconsin has by far the best defense and the best running game they have faced. They can keep the ball out of Coan's hands. Wisconsin's weakness is finishing off drives in the red zone. I see them overcoming that to an extent and prevailing 27-17.

I really hope they get Mertz settled into the game early and use an actual playbook from the 21st century today.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Maybe it’d be a good thing to get in a shootout. Force the hand a bit. I don’t know. I’m just burnt out of this brand.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.