Brewer Fanatic

6/22/06 Brewerfan @ Club Carnival (Maybe?) 7 pm

brewerjamie15

With rain and Thunderstorms in the forecast, who knows if this game will be played or not. Regardless of the weather, I am on the DL for this game. Due to an injury to my glove hand sustained in the last game, I won't be able to catch any hard hit balls or hit.

My left index finger is swollen and bruised all around its base (my palm and the back hand) and still quite sore to the touch.

Who knows, this may very well be what gets me outta my hitting whoas.

Jimbo-

Sorry to beat you to the punch, but I thought I'd let you know that there are at least 2 of us outta the game:

Myself

Colbyjack

I'll be at the game and I'll keep score or basecoach, but I can't play. Even If I wanted to risk it, Brewermary says no way.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Tomorrow's weather forecast, at the moment...

Scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing during the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 83F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Just a few things to keep in mind:

That tall white guy who plays SS homered against us in the opener, and also homered against Landmark two weeks ago.

Their one lefty hit a foul ball into the tennis courts.

Look back at the box score. Their first six did most of the damage. Hitters 7-11 didn't do much. I remember being able to cheat up in RF on those guys. If it's tight late, IBB the 5/6 guy to face a weaker guy?

Houlie is ready for the OF. We'll have 14 guys.

What lineup do we use, and who plays where?

On edit: with a win Thursday, we could possibly be in a tie for third place.

The last couple of weekends I have been practicing pitching and have been gaining confidence. I would like to try an inning or two - maybe next week?

Quote:
What lineup do we use

Here's a lineup ordered by season OPS. Just something to consider. Doesn't look half-bad, creates a nice mix:

valpocrewsader

Houlie24x

AJAY

Robin19

bball123h

nullbyte

DougJones43

razzzorsharp

Jimbo

Brewer Fever

Iron Chef Napalm

AJOHNSON104

radman12484

Brian the Automator

Out for game: Jamie, colbyjack

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I like valpocrewsader's idea.

valpocrewsader - Houlie24x - AJAY - Robin19 - bball123h

nullbyte - DougJones43 - razzzorsharp - Jimbo - Brewer Fever

brewerjamie15 - Iron Chef Napalm - AJOHNSON104

radman12484 - Brian The Automator - colbyjack

My simulation program computes 9.44 runs, about the same as the OBP simulation. Without jamie and colby, the number goes up to 10.42

Jamie's theory was to go singles - power - singles - power

A possible lineup would be

AJAY - bball123h - Houlie24x - valpocrewsader - Robin19

DougJones43 - nullbyte - razzzorsharp - Brewer Fever - brewerjamie15 - Jimbo - radman12484 - Iron Chef Napalm

AJOHNSON104 - Brian The Automator - colbyjack

Similar results to OPS and OBP: 9.37 runs, 10.48 without jamie and colby.

I vote for valpo's lineup. Got some studs on top!

Jamie's theory was to go singles - power - singles - power

'Twas never my idea. I want a nice mixture, not predictability.

Why not keep the same lineup and just do the daisy thing? You always (if guys are there) bat behind the same guy that way.

Perhaps just start Thursdays game at the #6 hitter and then go from there. This will start to equal out the AB's. This is IMHO the way to go and what I'd like to see happen.

Unfortunately, Patrick will needot be removed from the lineup for the season as his work duties won't enable him to play in anymore games. Brewerfever should be removed from future lineups as well because this is his last game.

Jamie, I understand the desire to the equalize the AB's, but I really, really, really wish to win tonight! I would like to see valpo lead off - let's give ourselves the best chance for victory.

We can decide here or discuss it before the game.

Whatever we end up doing, I'll go along with it.

This is a team run by the team, so it that's what the team wants, that's what will happen. I don't like the idea of a batting order based on SLG, or OPS, or OBP in softball because the numbers take drastic changes each and every game. I'd rather do the daisy chain that you suggested earlier Jimbo, and keep that idea for the remainder of the season and for future seasons.

This gives us a balanced attack throughout and we don't have to keep on going through this "What's the best order?" conversation between the same 4-5 people. Daisy chain is also more effective because of weekly absences or in my case, DL time. Sam order every time, just a different leadoff guy.

We should have beaten this team the first time anyhow and I'm sure that we win tonight regardless of lineup changes. Besides, like I've tried to say before, and as we all know, up to a certain # of AB's, numbers like avg, etc swing drastically with every hit, double, etc. In my opinion, we are waaay to early into BF.Net softball to start freaking out about numbers.

I appreciate the desire to win, but that is something that will take care of itself.

I think we should go with this new lineup today, start at #1, and keep it the rest of the year, doing the daisy chain thing from this point on. I think that might be what the other guys are saying, too.

Archived