Brewer Fanatic

Game 5 recap

Jimbo

Brewerfan.net 13, Club Carnival 10

Box

Stats

Pics

Sorry about the lack of exciting pics. Hopefully ICN took some cool ones!

1st Inning ? Top

*valpocrewsader walked.

*Houlie24x struck out (called).

*AJAY singled, valpocrewsader to second.

*Robin19 doubled, valpocresader scored, AJAY to third.

*bball123h singled, AJAY scored, Robin19 to third.

*nullbyte singled, Robin19 scored, bball123h to third.

*DougJones43 walked, nullbyte to second.

*razzzorsharp lined into double play, shortstop to secondbaseman. nullbyte out.

3R, 4H, 0E. BF 3, CC 0

1st Inning ? Bottom

*Dude #1 walked.

*Dude #2 singled, Dude #1 to second.

*Dude #3 lined out to razzzorsharp.

*Dude #4 tripled, Dude #1 scored, Dude #2 scored.

*Dude #5 to second on valpocrewsader?s throwing error, Dude #4 scored.

*Dude #6 flied out to Houlie24x.

*Dude #7 walked.

*Dude #8 singled, Dude #5 scored, Dude #7 to second.

*Dude #9 singled, Dude #7 scored, Dude #8 to second.

*Dude #10 grounded out, valpocrewsader to nullbyte.

5 R, 4 H, 1 E. CC 5, BF 3

2nd Inning ? Top

*Jimbo grounded out, thirdbaseman to firstbaseman.

*Brewer Fever flied out to left-centerfield.

*Iron Chef Napalm grounded out, pitcher to firstbaseman.

0 R, 0 H, 0 E. CC 5, BF 3

2nd Inning ? Bottom

Defensive change:

valpocrewsader at thirdbase.

razzzorsharp at shortstop.

*Dude #11 infield singled.

*Dude #1 flied out to AJAY.

*Dude #2 struck out (foul).

*Dude #3 singled, Dude #11 to third.

*Dude #4 flied out to AJOHNSON104.

0 R, 2 H, 0 E. CC 5, BF 3

3rd Inning ? Top

*AJOHNSON104 infield singled. On shortstop?s throwing error, AJOHNSON104 to second.

*radman12484 walked.

*Brian The Automator grounded into fielder?s choice, thirdbaseman unassisted. AJOHNSON 104 out, radman12484 to second, Brian The Automator to first. On thirdbaseman's throwing error, radman12484 to third, Brian The Automator to second.

*valpocrewsader walked.

*Houlie24x tripled, radman12484 scored, Brian The Automator scored, valpocrewsader scored. On shortstop?s throwing error, Houlie24x scored.

*AJAY flied out to left-centerfield.

*Robin19 singled. On rightfielder?s fielding error, Robin19 to second.

*bball123h lined out to shortstop.

4 R, 3 H, 3 E. BF 7, CC 5

3rd Inning ? Bottom

*Dude #5 lined out to razzzorsharp.

*Dude #6 grounded out, valpocrewsader to Iron Chef Napalm.

*Dude #7 popped out to nullbyte.

0 R, 0 H, 0 E. BF 7, CC 5

4th Inning ? Top

*nullbyte singled.

*DougJones43 singled, nullbyte to second.

*razzzorsharp tripled, DougJones43 scored, nullbyte scored. On secondbaseman?s throwing error, razzzorsharp scored.

*Jimbo struck out (foul).

*Brewer Fever walked.

*Iron Chef Napalm popped out to shortstop.

*AJOHNSON104 flied out to left-centerfield.

3 R, 3 H, 1 E. BF 10, CC 5

4th Inning ? Bottom

Defensive changes:

radman12484 at catcher for Brian The Automator.

bball123h at firstbase for Iron Chef Napalm.

Robin19 at secondbase for nullbyte.

Jimbo in rightfield for AJOHNSON104.

*Dude #8 infield singled. On razzzorsharp?s throwing error, Dude #8 to second.

*Dude #9 grounded out, valpocrewsader to bball123h.

*Dude #10 singled, Dude #8 scored.

*Dude #11 popped out to Robin19.

*Dude #1 struck out (foul).

1 R, 2 H, 1 E. BF 10, CC 6

5th Inning ? Top

*radman12484 singled.

*Brian The Automator popped out to thirdbaseman.

*valpocrewsader singled, radman12484 to second.

*Houlie24x lined out to shortstop.

*AJAY singled, radman12484 to third, valpocrewsader to second.

*Robin19 singled, radman12484 scored, valpocrewsader scored, AJAY to second.

*bball123h singled, AJAY scored, Robin19 to second.

*nullbyte popped out to shortstop.

3 R, 5 H, 0 E. BF 13, CC 6

5th Inning ? Bottom

*Dude #2 grounded out, razzzorsharp to bball123h.

*Dude #3 reached second on Jimbo?s dropped fly.

*Dude #4 homered, Dude #3 scored.

*Dude #5 lined out to razzzorsharp.

*Dude #6 struck out (called).

6th Inning ? Top

*DougJones43 flied out to leftfield.

*razzzorsharp tripled.

*Jimbo struck out (foul).

*Brewer Fever grounded out, shortstop to firstbaseman.

0 R, 1 H, 0 E. BF 13, CC 8

6th Inning ? Bottom

Defensive changes:

nullbyte in rightfield, AJAY out.

DougJones43 to left-centerfield.

Jimbo to right-centerfield.

*Dude #7 grounded out, secondbaseman to firstbaseman.

*Dude #8 singled.

*Dude #9 singled, Dude #8 to second.

*Dude #10 popped out to valpocrewsader.

*Dude #11 walked.

*Dude #1 reached on razzzorsharp?s fielding error, Dude #8 scored, Dude #9 scored, Dude #11 to second.

*Dude #2 grounded out, Brewer Fever to bball123h.

2 R, 2 H, 1 E. BF 13, CC 10

An "atta boy" award to valpocrewsader for coming up with the winning lineup. The top of the order just pounded the ball each time up.

I'm glad we decided to let valpo lead off. It gave us three runs in the first we otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Plus, it put our oppenents on their heels and showed them we meant business tonight!

I would like to commend everyone on the team for keeping a good attitude. It was a rough couple of games and it would have been easy to get down on ourselves, but still we held our heads high. Everyone showed up tonight expecting victory and we achieved it.

My wife tells me how impressed she is as to how well we all get along with each other.

We have a lot of winners on this team.

Games like tonight are what makes playing softball so great. Everyone contibuted, the other team was gracious in defeat, and we held them off despite playing one inning beyond what I thought we were going to be able to get in. I really enjoyed playing with you guys and wish I could stay for the remaining 5 games. Those two rainouts were a big bummer. I wish you guys nothing but the best and hope you guys win out.

Sweet. Glad you guys held on for the win. I went to the Dr. as I said, and it seems that I won't be needing a pin put in my hand. I have a chip fracture in my hand, and there is a pretty good bone bruise that goes straight through from the palm to the back of my hand. The swelling is caused by fluid caught up in there which is going to take time to dissipate. The doc said that this injury could take up to a month to heal. I am going to take his advice and ice the snot out of it and hope that I'll be ok to play soon.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Good game tonight. We started hitting so that's good, hopefully it keeps up into future weeks because we are thin now at pitching. Shaky defense by myself tonight, missed a couple plays I should have had, I am just thankful they didnt come back to haunt us with a loss.

i'm going to throw out an "atta boy" to jimbo for giving us a good scouting report on how to position our defense for this team. he was right on the money with the best way to approach their lineup. the fielders were in good positions to make plays on the ball all night.

everyone else did a great job too. congrats brewer fever on closing your season on a high note. good luck to you.

good win guys!

Tonight definately felt good. It seemed like everyone was contributing, which is always nice.

Mr. Fever, good luck in Cali, your pitching prowess will undoubtedly be missed.

On that note, who is/are our new pitcher(s) (given that Jamie is out for a while)? I wouldn't mind practicing pitching with someone during the week if someone would like to learn the craft as well. I've done it before, and with a day or two of practice, I'm sure I'd be fine and avoid any walkfests.

Quote:
Ajay's down too?

I tweaked my hamstring a little during the last inning. I am already feeling better. It should be okay by next week.

That was a nice win today. We looked a little shaky early on, but I like the way we stayed focused and rebounded to get the win.

Great game guys !!

Its hard to explain but the lights in left make it hard to judge a ball. I don't know why the lights were on during the day in the first place. I can see the ball right off the bat like normal, but as its in the air it starts to look like its moving around all over the place and I can't judge it. I didn't have a problem with this in RC and it looks like a lot of people are having a problem with the lights in left on every team. Anyone else who has played left have a problem with the lights like this?

Anyone else who has played left have a problem with the lights like this?

i'm not sure if it's the lights necessarily, but i do find judging a ball more difficult in left than other fields. it seems easier to get a good read from a centerfield position (LC, C, or RC). in left, the ball is coming at you from a strange angle and seems to hook and shift direction in mid-air.

i think it's something that you get used to and adjust to the more you play out there.

I have played left field for almost 3 years in another league and never had any problems like this. If anything im more comfortable in left than any other OF spot. Maybe I just had a real bad day seeing the ball. Either way im not happy with the way I played out there.

Quote:
Shaky defense by myself tonight

Definitely not a fielding clinic by the left side of the infield tonight. Semi-disastrous first couple innings for me at short, good idea by Jamie to shake things up and switch me and razzzor for the rest of the game. Razzzor definitely made some plays out there ... my concentration might've been shot for the rest of the game had I stayed at short. BTW, I would be open to playing third in the future if that's what's best. The rest of our team defense was pretty spectacular.

Also, thanks to Ajay for picking me up on the bench. Your prediction of me getting a "big hit" to win the game wasn't exactly true, but I did cross the plate three times, and we won by three, so I suppose you weren't far off!

Great hitting by the guys behind me. I never made it further than 1B in any of my at bats, but I came around to score every time. Can't ask for more than that.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Thanks for the kind words DJ, glad I was able to contribute.

I just want to apologize to everyone for my lackluster performance last night. We won, but I kinda had an empty feeling inside while driving home. Now this morning I realized maybe next week will be my turn to pick somebody up.

I made two hitting mistakes and a stupid drop. I'm going to look at it as a learning experience and make myself a better hitter. Just seems as if that pitcher has my number, struck out three times in two games, yet noone else has struck me out. If I get more practice shagging flies, I'm confident I can do OK for my self in RF.

[ *Brian The Automator grounded into fielder?s choice, thirdbaseman unassisted. AJOHNSON 104 out, radman12484 to second, Brian The Automator to first.

*valpocrewsader walked, radman12484 to third, Brian The Automator to second. ]

Small adjustment.... I actually advanced to 2nd on a throwing error by the thirdbaseman on my fielder's choice. Radman and I didn't advance on the walk.

Good catch, Brian.

I had "FC/E6" in your box (why?). Maybe I was confusing that E with the E6 on Houlie's hit. All told, 4 errors in that inning. SS=2, 3B=1, RF=1. Ironically, all four runs were still 'earned'.

On edit - additional game notes:

RISP:

BF = 8x15 - great job at clutch hitting!

CC = 5x13 - clutch pitching, Fever holds the power hitters in check.

I think this is the first game where we had more fly outs (9) than ground outs (5). I think the 16 hits were a game record. We were hitting the ball well.

I mentioned before the game their 7-11 hitters went 3x15 last time. This time they went 7x13, but all 7 hits were singles, many of the seeing-eye kind.

I wish we would have played deeper for their SS, he burned us for two long bombs again. Otherwise, the top of the order did minimal damage.

Quote:
Yeah they do need more lights/better lighting especially for those night games, but they shouldn't be on during the first game and I don't like the angle the lights come in on the one facing left field.

Those lights take 20 minutes to turn on. We once had the person turn off our field lights instead of the other field, and it took a 20 minute delay and a re-warm up before we could play again.

Good win everyone. Does this mean I get more time in the field?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived