Game 2: Lions @ Packers - Monday, September 20th 7:15pm

homer

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
OK let Dillon steamroll some guys now
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Goff not exactly a bad weather quarterback.

Right? He must have tiny hands

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think the Packers right the ship, but few outcomes would surprise me. I’d love to see AJ Dillon work up a good lather tonight. I wish the Packers would have re-signed Williams as the RB2 and taken a comp pick for Jones (you’re welcome if Jones goes off for 200 tonight :) ).

[sarcasm]I don’t want to take credit, but …[/sarcasm]

It's nice having a decent punter

ESPN is still pedaling this narrative that the Packers’ offense started slowly tonight. They only had 3 possessions in the first half. That’s not the offense’s fault. They scored on 2 of the 3.

+1....The offense was pretty damn good all night.

I know no one cares about other people's fantasy games, but I think if AJ Dillon had either caught one more pass or had 10 more yards rushing I would have won $15K on Draft Kings. Happy to go home with $60 though :)

Good showing by Stokes overall. Tested a bunch of times and made some really nice plays in man one-on-one defense.

I think they have to keep playing him. He didn’t give them any reason not to tonight, but even if he goes out next week and takes some lumps, I think it will pay dividends down the line. And call me crazy, but I have a suspicion there will be some lumps to take next week in San Fran…

I also feel like TJ Slaton did more in the 4th quarter than Lancaster did in the first 3.

They won the game and the Lions Lion'd the whole 2nd half. With 15 games to play the team may have a new identity by the end, but it just really feels like more of the same. They'd have to beat SF for me to feel optimistic. You have some confidence that MVS has more to offer, the secondary can sort of round but, it's really hard to get past the reality that the middle of that defense is atrocious.

They won the game and the Lions Lion'd the whole 2nd half. With 15 games to play the team may have a new identity by the end, but it just really feels like more of the same. They'd have to beat SF for me to fee optimistic. You have some confidence that MVS has more to offer, the secondary can sort of round but, it's really hard to get past the reality that the middle of that defense is atrocious.

Shaping up to be a lot of shootouts this year. Kenny Clark is the only good NFL player in the middle of the defense. Barnes and Campbell are just guys at ILB, which is probably an improvement on past seasons, but not a good thing if they want to field a solid defense this year.

I was expecting and MVS breakout this year after all the talk about him changing his work habits, plus him being in a contract year. But for some reason they are only targeting him on fly routes, and none have connected yet.

They won the game and the Lions Lion'd the whole 2nd half. With 15 games to play the team may have a new identity by the end, but it just really feels like more of the same. They'd have to beat SF for me to feel optimistic. You have some confidence that MVS has more to offer, the secondary can sort of round but, it's really hard to get past the reality that the middle of that defense is atrocious.

Agreed - I think they have a decent shot at beating the 49ers simply because their backfield is decimated by injuries once again and I'm not sure Lance is ready to make enough plays offensively to beat a team that should be able to score 25+ points against their defense. I think the 49ers are a bit overrated because of what they were as a team in 2019 is the assumption they are still that talented of a roster - but they've lost key players on both sides of the ball and their quarterback still has training wheels on.

That being said, the Packers definitely have got to find a way to shore up their DL and MLB problems, or San Fran may just run the triple option Sunday night and keep the game between the tackles to see if GB can stop it.

I thought Campbell played well as the game went on, but that may have been because the Lions were forced to pass to catch up. I agree that it's hard to gauge anything from playing the Lions, but the second half looked far more competent and encouraging on both sides of the ball than the first did.

It's possible the defense is still catching up to the scheme, which is both fair/plausible and possibly overly-optimistic. Won't know much until the next two weeks. You have to look at least competitive in both games defensively to feel good about the future of the season, I'd think.

Agreed - I think they have a decent shot at beating the 49ers simply because their backfield is decimated by injuries once again and I'm not sure Lance is ready to make enough plays offensively to beat a team that should be able to score 25+ points against their defense. I think the 49ers are a bit overrated because of what they were as a team in 2019 is the assumption they are still that talented of a roster - but they've lost key players on both sides of the ball and their quarterback still has training wheels on.

That being said, the Packers definitely have got to find a way to shore up their DL and MLB problems, or San Fran may just run the triple option Sunday night and keep the game between the tackles to see if GB can stop it.

Garoppolo is still the 49ers starter. I don't know if Lance even played a snap against the Eagles.

Keke's been horrible. Didn't he have a decent camp?