Brewer Fanatic

Rowdy Tellez to IL

markedman5

[blue]Why do we continue to let hitters run the bases? It just causes injuries to ask guys to do something they don't normally do. Just make a designated runner rule across both leagues. [/blue]

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• 2 weeks later...
Needs to get back. It's the only way we win the World Series.

I think you are probably kidding a bit, but I like Tellez at 1B defensively, and thinks he's a more complete hitter than Vogelbach. Not a world beater, but not a bad guy to have around either.

By the way, welcome back :)

Needs to get back. It's the only way we win the World Series.

I think you are probably kidding a bit, but I like Tellez at 1B defensively, and thinks he's a more complete hitter than Vogelbach. Not a world beater, but not a bad guy to have around either.

By the way, welcome back :)

Thank you! One of the more ridiculous things I've seen on these boards but anyways... I am sort of joking as I think he is a key to us winning games. We had a pretty good record with him in the lineup after the trade. I see it is as a mini-Adames move.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I predicted this on the board a couple of days ago……nice to get one right once in awhile.

#Brewers reinstate 1B Rowdy Tellez from 10-day IL and option Keston Hiura back to Class AAA Nashville. Hiura is from the LA area and his family is here, including his mother, in remission from cancer. So, not looking for him to go anywhere but home.

this is a good thing. The last two nights the Dodgers have hit something like 7 or 8 homers. The Brewers don't really have a power threat. Nice to have him back.

If Avisail Garcia and Wily Adames aren't power threats, neither is Rowdy Tellez.

Urias gets no love at all. I think Escobar is a power threat as well.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

The saddest thing about the above comments is that we can't even mention Yelich.

very true. hoping the week off helps him reset.

I meant that Garcia has been a good hitter that hits some homers. Urias is a solid hitter who hits less homers. Escobar is a mediocre hitter that has some power. Strangely he's performed better with us than he did with AZ, and he hasn't seemed that great with us. I still miss Moose at 3b.

I don't think of Garcia, Adames, Escobar, Tellez, Vogey, or Urias as major power threats. They CAN hit a homer. The team can occasionally hit 2 in a game. But the Dodgers have a lineup capable of hitting 5 in a game on any given day. Same with the Cardinals. The Brewers don't.

The saddest thing about the above comments is that we can't even mention Yelich.

I meant that Garcia has been a good hitter that hits some homers. Urias is a solid hitter who hits less homers. Escobar is a mediocre hitter that has some power. Strangely he's performed better with us than he did with AZ, and he hasn't seemed that great with us. I still miss Moose at 3b.

I don't think of Garcia, Adames, Escobar, Tellez, Vogey, or Urias as major power threats. They CAN hit a homer. The team can occasionally hit 2 in a game. But the Dodgers have a lineup capable of hitting 5 in a game on any given day. Same with the Cardinals. The Brewers don't.

THe Cardinals have 3 more HRs than the Brewers this season.

THe Cardinals have 3 more HRs than the Brewers this season.

And the Brewers have scored about 35 more runs.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave