Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 9/8

damuelle
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Links for affiliate audio

Standings and sortable stat pages

MiLB.TV options: Only Biloxi on the road.

Hopefully someone can push this into the correct Daily Link Report once it’s available. That would be appreciated.

Today’s affiliate scores: https://www.milb.com/scores/milwaukee-brewers/2021-09-08

No Brewer DSL or ACL games today.

The Timber Rattlers play the early game today, looking to extend their 3-game winning streak. Freddy Zamora’s hit safely in 9 of his last 10 games:

[attachment=0]5B1BBD1E-B43F-4BE2-AA76-D47F78316732.jpeg[/attachment]

The Low-A Carolina Mudcats need a serious turn-around after losing 9 of their last 12 games. Micah Bello’s hit safely in 11 of his last 12 games, while Noah Campbell has hit safely in 10 of his last 11 games:

[attachment=0]76E16234-ECE9-49E1-A450-10DDA9E9765C.jpeg[/attachment]

Have to say 2020 draft looks pretty solid right now!

Mitchell has kind of fallen off with all the missed time but look great prior!

Zamora has just been raking for two months straight & has been very promising.

Warren has been an OPS stud with solid average to match power & obp

Wiemer has just been something else since his slow May start. Think he has surpassed Jon Gray Jr. for offensive player of year in system.

Cantrelle who I really thought was going to breakout most is only one in the small class who hasn’t really popped or shined at all.

This year kind of reminds me of old Brewers minor league system. Bats that are popping off & super fun to follow…. Only couple pitchers really doing anything to stand out.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Biloxi tries to win its second in a row. Mitch Longo has hit safely in 6 of his last 7 games:

1 - Hamilton - SS

2 - Howell - 2B

3 - Longo - CF

4 - Dillard - DH

5 - Palma - LF

6 - Spanberger - 1B

7 - Lutz - RF

8 - Holt - 3B

9 - Diaz - C

X - Otero - P

This year kind of reminds me of old Brewers minor league system. Bats that are popping off & super fun to follow…. Only couple pitchers really doing anything to stand out.

Totally agreed. Definitely reminds me of the old skool Brewers minors. Some of these Mudcat and Biloxi pitching lines are just Yikes.

Wiemer has just been something else since his slow May start. Think he has surpassed Jon Gray Jr. for offensive player of year in system.

Agreed. I was going to post something similar.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Box: Cedar Rapids (Twins) 11, Wisconsin 5

Kernels Bash Rattlers

Cedar Rapids hits four homers in 11-5 win over Wisconsin

By Chris Mehring

AUDIO via the Rattler Radio Soundcloud: "The Timber Rattlers fell into a 9-0 hole against the Cedar Rapids Kernels on Wednesday afternoon and couldn't climb out of it. The Rattlers put together a late charge, but Kernels beat Wisconsin 11-5. Chris Mehring & Kyle Lobner go over the game, a few turning points, and a few highlights in today's Postgame Podcast."

Archived