Brewer Fanatic

Game 1: Packers @ Saints (in Jacksonville) - Sunday, September 12th, 3:25pm

homer

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This demonstrates the arrogance of the Packer coaching staff and front office. Why have any of your starters play in the preseason, they are professionals and they will be ready to go. Rodgers doesn’t need any live snaps before the season starts cuz he’s the MVP and a Hall-of-Famer. When will the front office figure out this is the NFL. Rodgers was completely outplayed by Jamis Winston and the defense is the same as it’s been for over the last decade.

At least I’m ahead in my fantasy football game

On to week 2. MLF ill prepared this team, up there for his worst coached/prepped game. Down 28 should have thrown in the towel and coached some run plays and standard offense vs an obvious failure forthcoming trying to produce a quick TD.

#1 pet peeve still exists with Rodgers and that is play clock management. Always under 10secs calling for a snap as theres 2 no 1 secs left. Get up there faster for cripes sake. Must cost the team an average of 1.5 timeouts a game and yards lost on delay of games.

1) Stokes replaces King with the ones. Enough is enough.

2) Find a street FA that can clog a running lane. Someone. Anyone. We are grossly undersized and thin in the D-line rotation and that is Gutey’s biggest missing hole on this roster.

3) Give the offense Vince’s “Gentlemen, this is a football” speech at practice this week. However embarrassed they are about this is not nearly embarrassed enough.

I never understood under MM they hardly played any preseason and it takes them 3-4 games to start looking like they are on the same page. MLF following in his footsteps.

Would be nice if they figured it out in preseason. *sigh*

Rodgers doesn’t like playing the in the preseason. Rodgers got what he wanted, good and hard.

Agreed! It doesn’t need to be like Lombardi’s need to win even the preseason games, but for goodness sakes these guys need to shake some rust off after not playing for over 6 months. Like you said must be a front office decision as MM dealt with the preseason the same way. Edited by Lezcano16

1) Stokes replaces King with the ones. Enough is enough.

2) Find a street FA that can clog a running lane. Someone. Anyone. We are grossly undersized and thin in the D-line rotation and that is Gutey’s biggest missing hole on this roster.

3) Give the offense Vince’s “Gentlemen, this is a football” speech at practice this week. However embarrassed they are about this is not nearly embarrassed enough.

Agree with you on the first two points. As far as #3, instead of giving the Lombardi speech, MLF should look in the mirror for why this abomination happened.

I never understood under MM they hardly played any preseason and it takes them 3-4 games to start looking like they are on the same page. MLF following in his footsteps.

Rodgers doesn’t like playing the in the preseason. Rodgers got what he wanted, good and hard.

Ding ding.

Lack of preseason reps wasn't an issue the last two seasons when the Packers went 13-3 & made the NFC Championship Game both years.

What was different this offseason?

Ding ding.

Lack of preseason reps wasn't an issue the last two seasons when the Packers went 13-3 & made the NFC Championship Game both years.

What was different this offseason?

The last two seasons everyone but Rogers at least got some work.

This year no one did.

If I try really hard to give the org a defense of its preseason decisions this year, I would say that the extended regular season would maybe make them want to do everything they can to limit reps when the football is meaningless. Wear and tear is going to be a bigger factor by the end of the year, and playing your best later on is when it counts.

But…the results here are pretty damning today.