Brewer Fanatic

Game 1: Packers @ Saints (in Jacksonville) - Sunday, September 12th, 3:25pm

homer

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints had 7 guys standing on the goal line. That was gonna be tough.

[sarcasm]Wait a minute, you’re allowed to do that when a team is in your territory with only seconds left in the half? I thought you could only go cover 1 in that scenario? Someone get the rules committee on this, stat.[/sarcasm]

Saints had 7 guys standing on the goal line. That was gonna be tough.

[sarcasm]Wait a minute, you’re allowed to do that when a team is in your territory with only seconds left in the half? I thought you could only go cover 1 in that scenario? Someone get the rules committee on this, stat.[/sarcasm]

Hey I saw Dallas, Toledo and FSU follow this rule!

This is what happens when you constantly burn timeouts presnap on both offense and defense. Nothing left to run an effective 2 minute drill.

I don't know how good/bad other teams are as far as this goes, but it seems we waste a lot of timeouts like this, only to *really* need them later.

I'm sure I'm biased but it also never really feels like these timeouts result in any tangible benefits in comparison to the average play result not coming out of a timeout.

I just caught up to the DVR, but some first half thoughts:

- If they don’t score a TD on the first drive of the second half, the Saints will just milk the clock with Kamara.

- Of course you can count on the Packers D being a poop show. They probably should have just kept Pettine and saved themselves some paperwork.

- It’s unfortunate that they’ll need to pass a lot in the second half, because A.J. Dylan would be such a weapon if he could just work up a good lather.

I just caught up to the DVR, but some first half thoughts:

- If they don’t score a TD on the first drive of the second half, the Saints will just milk the clock with Kamara.

- Of course you can count on the Packers D being a poop show. They probably should have just kept Pettine and saved themselves some paperwork.

- It’s unfortunate that they’ll need to pass a lot in the second half, because A.J. Dylan would be such a weapon if he could just work up a good lather.

I'm guessing there was a few chuckles around the league when Barry got the job.

Did Buck just blame the offense for the defense's ineptness?

Yeah. He’s not wrong.

And all this time I thought it was because they just suck.

I’ve often pondered how the last 10 years would have just played out had the Packers just consistently put weapons around Rodgers instead of investing so much draft capital in improving the defense with very little to show for it.