Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Sunday 9/5

Mass Haas

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Links for affiliate audio

Standings and sortable stat pages

MiLB.TV options: Nashville and Biloxi are home. Road feeds available for the others.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

19-year old RHP Brailin Rodriguez makes his Low-A debut for the Carolina Mudcats, along with 22-year old catcher Jose Sibrian, as the club tries to end a 3-game losing streak:

[attachment=0]6F5E31DD-4FC1-4F45-B2FA-65E1CC2C2C28.jpeg[/attachment]

22-year old Aussie catcher Alex Hall makes his High-A debut with the Timber Rattlers, which seek a 2nd straight win at home to close out this week’s series against Beloit:

1 - Rodriguez - CF

2 - Valerio - 2B

3 - Wiemer - RF

4 - Warren - 3B

5 - Zamora - DH

6 - McClanahan - 1B

7 - L. Castillo - LF

8 - Hall - C

9 - Pinero - SS

X - Shook - P

Darrien Miller is turning out to be quite the draft pick. I believe he’s the only high schooler we’ve drafted in the top 10 rounds over the past 3 years. The 20-year old just hit a walk-off, 2-out extra inning grand slam for the Mudcats.

Walk-off home run Sundays are fun! Let’s do this more often!!:

- Darrien Miller grand slam

- Joey Wiemer 3-run shot

- Daniel Vogelbach grand slam

Can’t wait to see what Nashville and Biloxi have in store!

I'll go Cantrelle with a walk off walk for Biloxi and Hiura with a walk off wild-pitch-run-scoring-strikeout for Nashville.

Just when I think it can't get any worse for Keston...I just look at his last 60 AB's. Goodness gracious...I am speechless at the hitting funk he has plummeted into in 2021. It's hard to fathom.

As to Darrien Miller: All we really know at present is he's had an unbelievable week at the Plate. Beyond that? I can't say much. He is still platooning and hasn't grabbed a hold of any mandatory playing time it would appear. I would hope with each successive big moment grabbed and achieved, he is climbing his way up the organizational chart but I think it's still a bit too early to tell.

Box: Louisville (Cardinals) 3, Nashville 0

Pre-Game Media Notes

Sounds Shut Out in Series Finale

Club Drops Five in Six-Game Set

Just when I think it can't get any worse for Keston...I just look at his last 60 AB's. Goodness gracious...I am speechless at the hitting funk he has plummeted into in 2021. It's hard to fathom.

Hiura has played in 31 games combined in MLB/AAA in July, August and September.

13-for-88 (.148), 4 XBH's (all doubles), 4 RBI, 8 BB, 44 K (50% K rate)

Box: Wisconsin 7, Beloit (Marlins) 5

Wisconsin (download) - Via the Timber Rattler Virtual Press Box

Wiemer Wows Wisconsin with Walkoff Homer

Rattlers rally to beat Beloit 7-5 with on three-run homer in ninth

By Chris Mehring

Chris rightly highlights the bullpen work, otherwise overshadowed by the dramatics.

Catcher Alex Hall made his High-A debut (single, RBI, no SB attempts against).

AUDIO via the Rattler Radio Soundcloud: "It could have been a tough loss for the Timber Rattlers against the Beloit Snappers. Instead, Chris Mehring and Kyle Lobner get to talk about an amazing comeback win that concluded with a three-run homer by Joey Wiemer in the bottom of the ninth. Hear from Wiemer, Carlos Rodriguez, and Hitting Coach Nick Stanley on this edition of the postgame podcast."

Box: Carolina 8, Delmarva (Orioles) 4, ten innings

Pre-Game Media Notes

Miller Hits Walk-Off Grand Slam in Extras

Darrien Miller put a halt to Carolina’s three-game losing streak with a walk-off grand slam in the tenth

In the bottom of the first, former big league RHP Ty Blach, rehabbing at Low-A, struck out Mudcat Tyler Black. #FunWithBoxes

AUDIO: Post-Game Interview with Manager Joe Ayrault

Brief injury update on Tyler Black within the chat.

VIDEO Tweets via the Mudcats:

Hedbert! in CF

Miller Time!

VIDEO interview via WNCN: 2021 5th round INF Ethan Murray (Duke)

Archived