Dodgers get-

LHP - Josh Hader

A's get-

1B - Rowdy Tellez

OF - Andy Pages

SS - Brice Turang

RHP - Clayton Beeter

OF - Carlos Rodriguez

This actually feels like a pretty good deal for all sides. I guess I could see the A's possibly wanting a bit more, and not sure if that would require both the Brewers and Dodgers stepping up with a better prospect in one of these spots? But, overall - it would at least seem like a good starting point, with three teams where it could be a good match?

Brewers get-

1B - Matt Olson

RHP - Lou Trivino

Dodgers get-

LHP - Josh Hader

A's get-

1B - Rowdy Tellez

OF - Andy Pages

SS - Brice Turang

RHP - Clayton Beeter

OF - Carlos Rodriguez

This actually feels like a pretty good deal for all sides. I guess I could see the A's possibly wanting a bit more, and not sure if that would require both the Brewers and Dodgers stepping up with a better prospect in one of these spots? But, overall - it would at least seem like a good starting point, with three teams where it could be a good match?

Agreed. I think this is a deal that could work. Yes, as you said the A's might prefer something added or a higher end guy but that group has some decent upside and a pretty fair floor with Tellez and Turang if they are wanting to hedge a little bit.

IF they are going to trade Hader I'd add the Blue Jays to the mix of teams in the position of want with some interesting prospects to offer.

Moreno is obviously a guy to have interest in. Maybe the Jays would part with him. If they would, I feel like it would me more of a straight up deal.

If not Moreno I think I'd try for:

Groshans

Otto Lopez

Zach Logue

I don't 'follow' prospects so I'm not making a decision based on anything other than reading generic MLB/fangraphs prospect profiles

I don't think they will or should trade Hader and this feels like a deal you make when you're not going to be competitive but I think it'd line up as fair and with a team that would have an interest.

Edited by NievesNoNO

Brewers get-

1B - Matt Olson

RHP - Lou Trivino

Dodgers get-

LHP - Josh Hader

A's get-

1B - Rowdy Tellez

OF - Andy Pages

SS - Brice Turang

RHP - Clayton Beeter

OF - Carlos Rodriguez

I like the idea, but I have trouble seeing the Dodgers being able to pull in Hader while only giving up Pages and Beeter. I think they likely need to give up at least one more highly-ranked prospect in a deal like this.

That is a lot of guys to give up PLUS Hader...

I think we are giving way more than needed if we have to give up Hader.

Maybe it is, and maybe it's LA that should have to give up more in this deal. However, we would be getting one of the best young, slugging 1B - who would be controllable for at least the next two seasons AND a cheap and controllable young pen arm. So, it feels like we might have to give up a bit more than just Hader to get both of these guys. But, maybe you are right and we wouldn't have to give up quite as much?

The Dodgers currently don't have an established closer on their team as Knebel and Jansen are both free agents.

I wonder if this offseason will be the offseason where the Brewers and the Dodgers finally link up and make a trade.

Something like this would work:

Dodgers: Hader

Brewers: Miguel Vargas, Jose Ramos and Hyun-il Choi

Vargas is an absolute stud at 1B and should provide 30+ HR each year plus carry a BA in the .290 range. He should be ready to play in MLB at some point next year. Jose Ramos is another that I like a lot and could make the Brewers OF really crowded in the next 3-years. Choi is very raw but looks to be a #3 type pitcher but he is farther out than Vargas and Ramos probably looking at another 3-4 years for him.

I think this deal makes the most sense for the Brewers and I don't see the Dodgers subtracting from their MLB team and I don't see anyone I would want to trade for in a Hader deal on their MLB roster either. I think a prospect deal is the best deal when trading Hader as I think you are more likely to get a 90's era Brewer return if you are looking for MLB ready pieces.

It actually doesn't make any sense for the Brewers. They trade one of their five best major league players for a package of minor leaguers none of whom would likely break camp with the major league team in 2022. Thus, to trade Hader in your scenario creates a hole in the back end of the bullpen, and doesn't upgrade the hitting lineup in 2022. I also doubt the Brewers are intending to take a mulligan in 2022, where the Brewers are willing to lose games at the big league level for a brighter future.

That also goes without saying that teams don't trade prospects with the frequency they have in the past, and taking players years away from the major leagues is also taking a risk all for a player the Brewers don't need to trade.

I’m not expecting a trade for Hader but if it happens I hope a young 3b who we can count on for years is part of the deal. That is the one position I don’t like where we are for the next few years. I think even first base will work out. Third base for me.

Urias, who I like, can still get lots of at bats filling in at 2b, ss, and 3b and getting all the guys in there. That’s a practice that Counsell and Stearns like.

I’m not expecting a trade for Hader but if it happens I hope a young 3b who we can count on for years is part of the deal. That is the one position I don’t like where we are for the next few years. I think even first base will work out. Third base for me.

Urias, who I like, can still get lots of at bats filling in at 2b, ss, and 3b and getting all the guys in there. That’s a practice that Counsell and Stearns like.

I like Urias at 3B. He has good power (23 HRs.- 75 RBIs) and should get better. I think he could be a 27-28 HR/ 85+ RBI guy. If he is a bench player, every AB he gets means another good hitter at 2B-3B-SS is on the bench. Until they get RF fixed, I'd hope if Stearns trades Hader it's for a young power hitting RF.

Andy Pages is back end of top 100 and personally I think he's a bit under-rated when slotted there. That's primarily why I think the deal makes sense from the A's perspective. If they are only lukewarm on Pages, then they don't get enough in the deal.

• 3 months later...

The Mets are reportedly interested in upgrading their bullpen and have been linked to Brewers closer Josh Hader along with free-agents Andrew Chafin and Collin McHugh according to Buster Olney from ESPN.

Hader is the reigning NL Reliever of the Year after posting a 1.23 ERA over 58 2/3 innings with Milwaukee last season but will have a considerable cost in trade. McHugh is coming off an almost equally impressive season from a ratios standpoint with a 1.55 ERA and 0.94 WHIP over 64 frames with the Rays in 2022. The right-hander, along with southpaw Andrew Chafin would make excellent additions to the bullpen in Queens as free agents.

RELATED: Collin McHugh, Andrew Chafin

SOURCE: Pat Ragazzo on Twitter

Mar 11, 2022, 4:56 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The Mets ask everybody about anyone who's any good. Just because they're interested doesn't mean anything about the Brewers being interested/willing to deal.

yeah, true, just posting what I found...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 3 months later...

I fully realize this will be an unpopular opinion to many on this board. I would deal Hader this trade deadline for the absolute biggest haul you can get from a team. I would make it known he is available and try and make it into a bidding war. We aren't winning a championship this year, in spite of what teams like the Braves or Nationals have done in the past. The roster simply doesn't have the upside of the 2019 Nationals or the 2021 Braves, regardless of what their regular season record was. Those teams had young, high upside players on their roster that were capable of getting hot against high quality competition. We are mostly AAAA players on offense, with little in the way of untapped upside. Just my opinion. Maybe you can get major league ready players in the Hader deal, and still make a run at a title. We have a closer in waiting in Williams, and Hader's trade value will never be higher for us. I also think Stearns is as good as gone to NY after the season, with Arnold taking over. I hope Arnold takes the lead on any moves we make at the deadline, as he will have the best long term interests of the team in mind if in fact Stearns leaves.

One proposal I saw today with that Yankees:

Yankees get:

Josh Hader 

Brewers get: 

Albert Abreu

Marwin Gonzalez

Austin Wells

Anothony Volpe

Ken Waldichuk 

Trey Sweeny

Thats the Yankees #1, #4, #5, and #6 prospects plus a MLB ready reliever and an MLB ready utility player.

Personally I don’t see the Yankees giving all this up for one player but you’d have to take this deal wouldn’t you

25 minutes ago, shanedog19 said:

I fully realize this will be an unpopular opinion to many on this board. I would deal Hader this trade deadline for the absolute biggest haul you can get from a team. I would make it known he is available and try and make it into a bidding war. We aren't winning a championship this year, in spite of what teams like the Braves or Nationals have done in the past. The roster simply doesn't have the upside of the 2019 Nationals or the 2021 Braves, regardless of what their regular season record was. Those teams had young, high upside players on their roster that were capable of getting hot against high quality competition. We are mostly AAAA players on offense, with little in the way of untapped upside. Just my opinion. Maybe you can get major league ready players in the Hader deal, and still make a run at a title. We have a closer in waiting in Williams, and Hader's trade value will never be higher for us. I also think Stearns is as good as gone to NY after the season, with Arnold taking over. I hope Arnold takes the lead on any moves we make at the deadline, as he will have the best long term interests of the team in mind if in fact Stearns leaves.

Stearns cannot leave after the season even if he wants to, unless the Brewers make the World Series. And teams that are in first place don't tend to trade elite relievers like Hader. They would have to be absolutely overwhelmed. Though, the trade proposed above might qualify as such. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paul253 said:

Yankees get:

Josh Hader 

Brewers get: 

Albert Abreu

Marwin Gonzalez

Austin Wells

Anothony Volpe

Ken Waldichuk 

Trey Sweeny

Thats the Yankees #1, #4, #5, and #6 prospects plus a MLB ready reliever and an MLB ready utility player.

Personally I don’t see the Yankees giving all this up for one player but you’d have to take this deal wouldn’t you

Highly doubt the Yankees would give this much up but it is an easy yes for the Brewers. 

Agree with you Wallus. If Stearns was blown away with an offer like that I believe Hader would have been gone a year or two ago. Find it hard to believe the Yankees will offer anything close to that.

13 hours ago, wallus said:

Highly doubt the Yankees would give this much up but it is an easy yes for the Brewers. 

The Yankees have Clay Holmes, who has put up Hader-like numbers for them. With Holmes under their control for two more seasons, their interest in Hader probably isn't such to justify trading such a haul of players. 

22 hours ago, paul253 said:

Yankees get:

Josh Hader 

Brewers get: 

Albert Abreu

Marwin Gonzalez

Austin Wells

Anothony Volpe

Ken Waldichuk 

Trey Sweeny

That's waaay more than I think any team would pay for any reliever, even if they had more contract years remaining than Hader does. That'd be the easiest yes of my life. 

I've seen at least 6 stories postulating a Hader trade (after mentioning that he was available), even with a team like the Guardians (who are .500, 3.5 games behind the twins).

There are probably only a half dozen guys in MLB I'd trade him for.