Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 9/1

damuelle
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Standings and sortable stat pages

I don’t really know how to post the daily Link Report, but I do want to get a few postings up before getting some shut-eye. These can always be moved over to the true Link Report subsequently:

Tonight’s games for the top 4 MILB levels, though Biloxi is not playing yet again due to the Hurricane Ida aftermath: https://www.milb.com/scores/milwaukee-brewers/2021-09-01

DSL and ACL leagues are off today.

Freddy Zamora has hit safely in 5 of 6 games since promotion, finishing with a 1.065 OPS in 108 PAs across 2 MILB levels in August. He and the Timber Rattlers seek a 2nd straight win:

[attachment=0]ABCDEAE0-CBB2-45A2-A6AB-27C546CE8C4C.jpeg[/attachment]

OK, I'm not as familiar with Darrien Miller. Can someone fill me in on this kid? I see that he was a prep draft pick two years ago in the 9th round, so must be a kid with some potential. But, is this a guy that we should be legitimately excited about, or did he just have one of those fluky career nights?

I edited the original post with links to the box scores. Thanks for filling in, damuelle.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It will be interesting to see how Miller closes out their season. He'll get more burn now that Zavier is up with the T-Rats. He was always seen as toolsy with that Lefty Bat. The original scouting report was contact hitter with upside to grow into power. He's had a good stretch here. He is fairly athletic for a Catcher but there were questions if he'd stay there. He still looks quite frail to me. Then again, he's only 20. We'll have to monitor going forward. Nice to see him have a hot spell tho after the missed COVID season.

Combination of current extended electric power outage and other personal factors leaves me unavailable again this morning. Apologies.

Some brutal rains out by you guys. Stay safe. We can cover tonight if you are unable.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Box: Nashville 2, Louisville 4

Game Story: Nashville Sounds fall at Louisville

The Louisville Bats scored three runs in the third inning to lead them to a 4-2 win over the Nashville Sounds Wednesday night at Louisville Slugger Field. The Sounds fall to 9-9 in series openers. Dylan File with the quality start in a losing effort

Box: Carolina 10, Delmarva 8

Mudcats were down 4 - 1 doing into the bottom of the 4th inning but rallied for 3 to tie it up and eventually win with a big 5 run 6th. Catcher Darrien Miller parked not 1, not 2, but 3 home runs and plated 8 RBIs. Quite a night for the 20-year-old.

Video: All three of Darrien Miller's home runs

Box: Wisconsin 6, Beloit 5

Game Story:T-Rats Hang On to Beat Beloit

The Rattlers rallied in the seventh inning, scoring twice on a Felix Valerio single, and tying the game on a Joey Wiemer sacrifice fly. A fielding error by Connor Scott allowed the go-ahead run to score in the seventh.

The jump from low-A to high-A must be significant in terms of talent. I’ve just noticed that guys like Valerio and Gray struggled to get things going after dominating low-A and it’s only been two whole games for Frelick but he seems to be in the same boat (very small sample I know). Wiemer seems to be the exception.

I suspect the combination of the minor league realignment and then the missed season has contributed to a bigger gap between high and low A than previously. I don't know if it will stay that big of a divide in the future, but I would certainly agree with the observation.

The jump from low-A to high-A must be significant in terms of talent. I’ve just noticed that guys like Valerio and Gray struggled to get things going after dominating low-A and it’s only been two whole games for Frelick but he seems to be in the same boat (very small sample I know). Wiemer seems to be the exception.

Valerio is walking a bit less and striking out a bit more, but he actually has a higher OPS at A+ than A ball so far!

Archived