Brewer Fanatic

Game 6 Recap

nullbyte

BF.net falls to Bay Street Pub, 17ish to 5ish. (Edit: What Jimbo said -- 20-5. Er, 19-5.)

Might have been a few cool guys on their team, but they were loudly outvoiced by several (unprintable)s. Not an enjoyable game.

I did appreciate the way we (largely http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) kept our mouths shut and played classy ball as usual. It could easily have gotten much uglier.

I'd also like to express a newfound appreciation for those who have been playing the outfield. Those balls are tough to see. Because of the lack of lighting from behind, about all you see on fly balls is a sort of crescent moon shape... the ball seems to jump around quite a bit.

Final: Bay Street Pub 19, Brewerfan.net 5

Box

Stats

Brian The Automator leads off next game, followed by valpocrewsader.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the play-by-play.

Let me know of any corrections, especially the '???' entries.

1st Inning ? Top

*brewerjamie15 struck out (swing).

*Iron Chef Napalm singled.

*AJOHNSON104 popped out to pitcher.

*radman12484 grounded out, shortstop to secondbaseman.

0 R, 1 H, 0 E. BF 0, BSP 0

1st Inning ? Bottom

*Dude #1 walked.

*Dude #2 walked, Dude #1 to second.

*Dude #3 grounded into fielder?s choice, Dude #1 out, Dude #2 to second, Dude #3 to first.

*Dude #4 walked, Dude #2 to third, Dude #3 to second.

*Dude #5 walked, Dude #2 scored, Dude #3 to third, Dude #4 to second.

*Dude #6 reached second on AJAY?s dropped fly, Dude #3 scored, Dude #4 scored, Dude #5 to third.

*Dude #7 homered, Dude #5 scored, Dude #6 scored.

*Dude #8 walked.

*Dude #9 walked, Dude #8 to second.

Defensive changes:

Robin19 to pitcher.

nullbyte to leftfield.

AJAY to left-centerfield.

AJOHNSON104 to right-centerfield.

Jimbo to rightfield.

*Dude #10 singled, Dude #8 scored, Dude #9 to third.

*Dude #1 doubled, Dude #8 scored, Dude #9 scored.

*Dude #2 doubled, Dude #1 scored.

*Dude #3 doubled, Dude #2 scored.

*Dude #4 flied into double play to AJOHNSON104. AJOHNSON to Robin19, Dude #3 out.

10 R, 5 H, 1 E. BSP 10, BF 0

2nd Inning ? Top

*Brian The Automator singled.

*valpocrewsder lined out to rover. On rover?s throwing error, Brian The Automator to third.

*Houlie24x struck out (called).

*AJAY infield singled, Brian The Automator scored.

*Robin19 flied out to rightfield.

1 R, 2 H, 1 E. BSP 10, BF 1

2nd Inning ? Bottom

*Dude #5 flied out to AJOHNSON104.

*Dude #6 struck out.

*Dude #7 tripled. On the throw, Dude #7 scored.

???*Dude #8 grounded out, razzzorsahrp to bball123h.

1 R, 1 H, 0 E. BSP 11, BF 1

3rd Inning ? Top

*bball123h struck out (foul).

*nullbyte singled. On thirdbaseman?s throwing error, nullbyte to second.

*razzzorsharp doubled, nullbyte scored.

*Jimbo popped out to secondbaseman.

*brewerjamie15 struck out (swing).

1 R, 2 H, 1 R. BSP 11, BF 2

3rd Inning ? Bottom

*Dude #9 flied out to AJAY.

*Dude #10 struck out (foul).

*Dude #1 tripled.

*Dude #2 walked.

*Dude #3 homered, Dude #1 scored, Dude #2 scored.

*Dude #4 struck out (foul).

3 R, 2 H, 0 E. BSP 14, BF 2

4th Inning ? Top

*Iron Chef Napalm grounded out, thirdbaseman to firstbaseman.

*AJOHNSON104 singled. AJOHNSON104 to second on the throw.

*radman12484 singled, AJOHNSON104 scored.

*Brian The Automator popped out to secondbaseman.

*valpocrewsader grounded out, pitcher to secondbaseman.

1 R, 2 H, 0 E. BSP 14, BF 3

4th Inning ? Bottom

Defensive substitutions:

Iron Chef Napalm at catcher.

*Dude #5 doubled.

*Dude #6 flied out to AJAY. Dude #5 tagged to third.

*Dude #7 reached second on nullbyte?s dropped fly.

*Dude #8 doubled, Dude #7 to third.

*Dude #9 walked.

*Dude #10 sacrifice flied to AJAY, Dude #7 scored.

???*Dude #1 grounded out, razzzorsharp to brewerjamie15.

2 R, 2 H, 1 E. BSP 16, BF 3

5th Inning ? Top

*Houlie24x lined out to thirdbaseman.

*AJAY tripled.

*Robin19 sacrifice flied to rightfield, AJAY scored.

*bball123h tripled. On rover?s throwing error, bball123h scored.

*nullbyte infield singled.

*razzzorsharp singled, nullbyte to second.

*Jimbo struck out (called).

2 R, 4 H, 1 E. BSP 16, BF 5

5th Inning ? Bottom

Defensive substitution:

Houlie24x at shortstop.

???*Dude #2 got a hit.

???*Dude #3 flied out to nullbyte.

???*Dude #4 got a hit.

???*Dude #5 got a hit.

???*Dude #6 tripled. Nullbyte to Houlie24x to Robin19 to valpocrewsader, Dude #6 out.

???*Dude #7 singled.

*Dude #8 popped out to Houlie24x.

3 R, 4 H, 0 E. BSP 19, BF 5

6th Inning ? Top

*brewerjamie15 flied out to rover.

*Iron Chef Napalm infield singled.

*AJOHNSON104 popped out to firstbaseman.

*radman12484 struck out (called).

0 R, 1 H, 0 E. BSP 19, BF 5

I want to apologize to the team for tanking a couple of fly balls tonight. It just wasn't my night. I think I could use a little more practice playing under the lights.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif

Sorry for doing a crappy job of keeping my cool tonight. I don't mind losing, or even getting crushed, but that catcher really was taking a sledgehammer to the right buttons. I should have channeled my anger into convincing him to work the dunk tank at state fair this year, rather than getting angry and tossing the bat around.

I also did lose my cool and talked a little more than I would have liked, happens to the best of us. As far as this team is concerned I think we have a shot next time if we play them during the day. We had some lighting issues in the OF and if we play at 7:00 I think it's a different game. Their hits were to the OF for the most part and next time we will be ready for that. I know at SS I had three balls, Matt at 3rd didn't have any nor did first or second (if I am remembering correctly). As far as hitting goes again we need to be a little more aggressive and make them pay for the rover they use. I saw Kenny and Ajay both hit some pretty good shots against them. Not a horrible game tonight and Robin19 pitches a great game.

I would also like to say sorry for my complaining after the game after the called strike 2. I feel as if I have to move in the box so the ball doesnt hit me, it should be a ball. I dont crowd the plate when I hit, so it apparently was a strike.....well not really.

Also good job pitching Robin, very impressive.

One Stop Shop For Cell Phone Accessories. Like US On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MR-Wireless/233579846693356

Obviously I was among those who lost their cool. I yelled ans swore a bunch this evening. Sorry guys.

Once again I had a terrible evening at the plate 0-3 with two swinging K's. I'm going to have to hit up the cages soon. My hand felt fine untill the last AB; a fly out that made my hand swell up again.

I'm going to need to take a serious look at myself and perhaps even sit a game from hitting. I'm not helping the team offensively at all. I'm like Chad Moeller without the salary.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Big-time hat tip to Robin19 for his pitching performance. He also got nailed by a line drive and he showed a lot of guts out there.

And what an awesome catch by Houlie. That was sweet.

Quote:
???*Dude #6 tripled. Nullbyte to Houlie24x to Robin19 to valpocrewsader, Dude #6 out.

It might be a lost cause.. but I can't say I remember that happening, exactly. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif It may have been Ajay that made the initial play... but hey, happy to have a third-generation outfield assist, if not.

Quote:
1st Inning

???*Dude #4 flied out to AJOHNSON104. AJOHNSON to brewerjamie15, Dude #3 out.

That was AJOHNSON104 to Robin19. Dude #3 (along with a lot of other people) that the flyout was the 3rd out. He was between 3rd and home when I yelled for the ball. I chased him down the line towards home and tagged him right before he got there. I remember because I went diving head first into the dirt to apply the tag. After I got to the bench I realized all we had to do was touch 2nd.

Here is a link to what I looked like around midnight on Thursday. By saturday it didn't hurt anymore unless I pressed it.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived