Brewer Fanatic

Peralta to IL……Milner recalled

markedman5

Good move. Even if you're not sure he has to miss his next start yet, it basically just amounts to skipping one start, you get an extra arm during the time, plus we need to carefully manage Freddy's innings anyway. Zero reason to push Freddy with a big division lead.

Good move. Even if you're not sure he has to miss his next start yet, it basically just amounts to skipping one start, you get an extra arm during the time, plus we need to carefully manage Freddy's innings anyway. Zero reason to push Freddy with a big division lead.

Yep, I agree completely. This seems like a reasonable precaution that likely serves as an innings-management option as well.

Did Ashby pitch yesterday or Tues? He seems like a better option than Milner.

They're likely bringing up a bullpen guy in the interim, then will drop him down for Ashby when it's time to make the start. He's purely an extra pen arm, because 1)why not, and 2) everybody other than Box DID pitch yesterday...

Did Ashby pitch yesterday or Tues? He seems like a better option than Milner.

I think they are trying to keep Ashby stretched out for longer outings and prefer the arm for this stint that they can just be flexible with since they won't need an extra starter over the span.

I thought you didn’t have to stay down for 10 days if you were an injury replacement? But maybe I am confused.

They're bringing up milner because the bullpen pitched 8 innings yesterday

I'd just pitch Ashby out of the pen today and hope he can finish the game after Woodruff. Use Box if necessary.

Having the big 9.5 game lead makes this an even easier decision. No rush other reasonable options to try and fill in for a start. And still a good month after the IL stint to make sure your fine tuned and ready to go for the playoffs.

I thought you didn’t have to stay down for 10 days if you were an injury replacement? But maybe I am confused.

They're bringing up milner because the bullpen pitched 8 innings yesterday

I'd just pitch Ashby out of the pen today and hope he can finish the game after Woodruff. Use Box if necessary.

They trust Milner and why wouldn't they? He's hasn't allowed a run in 8 of his 12 appearances. Milner will go back down when they activate Hauser this weekend. Boxberger is more reliable than Ashby closing. Cousins, Sanchez and Suter are all available too. Neither pitched Tuesday and all three had less than 20 pitches last night.

With Houser back Sunday and a day off Monday, they can still go with 5 days rest and not need a starter until the 29th when Peralta could be back. So barring another injury or doubleheader, I don't see Ashby until September.

Archived