Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-18: Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Flaherty) [Brewers win, 6-4 in 10 innings -- Freddy leaves game with shoulder discomfort; Bullpen covers 8 masterful innings as Crew completes comeback in extras]

Eye Black
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it would be a lot easier on everyone if you don’t get your hopes on Yelich for 2021

He doesn’t have it this year. At all. And it ain’t coming back. That’s not saying it cant turn around in the future but this year is done. He might flash a solid hit here and there. And maybe even maybe hit another home run

Holding out this hope that he’s going to tear it up this year is pretty futile at this point

You do you.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I think it would be a lot easier on everyone if you don’t get your hopes on Yelich for 2021

He doesn’t have it this year. At all. And it ain’t coming back. That’s not saying it cant turn around in the future but this year is done. He might flash a solid hit here and there. And maybe even maybe hit another home run

Holding out this hope that he’s going to tear it up this year is pretty futile at this point

He’s 9 for his last 28. I know .321 isn’t a crazy hot streak especially without HR, but he’s been at least serviceable on the road trip.

I notice Ashby was removed after 1 inning tonight for Nashville. I wonder if they did that in case he was needed to join the rotation soon.

If so, they are really committed to the six starter thing. I wonder if that becomes something they do next year.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I notice Ashby was removed after 1 inning tonight for Nashville. I wonder if they did that in case he was needed to join the rotation soon.

If so, they are really committed to the six starter thing. I wonder if that becomes something they do next year.

When you've got a massive divisional lead, why put extra strain on the other starters right now?

Just have a DH for SP and remove DH when SP leaves. This protects the valuable SP yet keeps the NL substitution strategy in the game. It’s an obvious move to me. Ohtani could be the DH and get his two or three cuts each game too on non pitching games.

Interesting thought, but seems like you might as well go full DH if you are going to go this option. Pretty rare that a RP bats (although, I guess one position player would be burned by the original DH - so perhaps more possibility for a RP batting). One of the arguments for having the pitcher bat is that in a one or two run game in the 6th or 7th inning, your starter is pitching well with a relatively low pitch count, a rally going, pitcher's AB comes up - now there is a strategical decision to make that you don't have with the DH. The compromise you suggest would not keep that in place.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Just have a DH for SP and remove DH when SP leaves. This protects the valuable SP yet keeps the NL substitution strategy in the game. It’s an obvious move to me. Ohtani could be the DH and get his two or three cuts each game too on non pitching games.

Interesting thought, but seems like you might as well go full DH if you are going to go this option. Pretty rare that a RP bats (although, I guess one position player would be burned by the original DH - so perhaps more possibility for a RP batting). One of the arguments for having the pitcher bat is that in a one or two run game in the 6th or 7th inning, your starter is pitching well with a relatively low pitch count, a rally going, pitcher's AB comes up - now there is a strategical decision to make that you don't have with the DH. The compromise you suggest would not keep that in place.

But it would add the reverse...

"If I remove my SP, I lose my DH." That becomes a factor in an interesting way. I dig this idea. It's fun.

But it would add the reverse...

"If I remove my SP, I lose my DH." That becomes a factor in an interesting way. I dig this idea. It's fun.

Ah, yes....did not consider that. I like it!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Its time to drop Yelich in the order. I still am in the camp that he is going to start hitting better but time to let him get going in the bottom half. Would much rather have Garcia, Rowdy, or Narvaez get a shot there.

Yelich's OBP and speed are nice at the top, but his walk rate is declining and teams shift so effectively against him that lead-off probably isn't a great spot either. Drop him to 7th and hope he forces his way back up

Archived