Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-17: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Wainwright) [Brewers win, 2-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't expect a lot of scoring in tonight's game. Wainwright (even this older, junkballing version of him) has pretty much always had the Brewers' number. Recipe for success is going to be to hope to push a few runs across early, then hope Burnes is on his game.

While this is pretty much exactly what happened, I am far from Nostradamus. This is been the Brewers' recipe for success in low-scoring games all season.

Community Moderator
The Padres are in the midst of quite the free fall against some bad teams lately.

I was just going to post this

What the heck happened to them. They are all in too

You need the full 40 man roster to win over 162 games. A few key injuries and now they are toast.

Trying to be the 2010s-Mariners of the west coast isn’t working out for them.

The Padres are in the midst of quite the free fall against some bad teams lately.

I was just going to post this

What the heck happened to them. They are all in too

They went all in, but key pieces are injured or underperforming - Tatis is always one check swing away from reaggravating his balky shoulder, Darvish is now on the IL, Clevinger is out the whole season due to TJ surgery, Blake Snell has frankly stunk compared to what they expected of him, etc....

Archived