Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-13: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Keller) [Postponed]

Eye Black
I always thought when I was a kid that just about all new ballparks would be like Miller Park and have a retractable roof and by now rainouts would be a very rare thing limited to just a few cities. Instead we have to deal with this day after day on road trips

Probably seems worse for us as Brewer fans since everyone else in our division has no dome, plus the Twins have no dome and we do.

Reality is that most mlb teams don't have domes, and this time of year rainy weather is too unpredictable.

I always thought when I was a kid that just about all new ballparks would be like Miller Park and have a retractable roof and by now rainouts would be a very rare thing limited to just a few cities. Instead we have to deal with this day after day on road trips

I remember when they were trying to get the funding for Miller Park……and of course these things always are difficult…….there was some discussion at the time to not do the roof to save money……and my thought at the time was…..” Then just don’t build it”

It was so obvious to me that the roof was a game changer……especially in this climate.

I remember when they were trying to get the funding for Miller Park……and of course these things always are difficult…….there was some discussion at the time to not do the roof to save money……and my thought at the time was…..” Then just don’t build it”

It was so obvious to me that the roof was a game changer……especially in this climate.

Those were my thoughts at the time as well. Either you put a roof on it or you don't build it.

I misread some earlier post and thought weather coming in at 9, went to a bar at 6 to watch since I don’t have Bally. Oh well, 7 inning double headers are good for us.

You didn’t misread the post. That was what the Weather Channel was saying about an hour before the game. But a storm was moving in earlier and they put on the tarp before the rain started.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I saw that the Cubs were leading the Marlins 4-1 in the second inning and thought maybe the Cubbies had found someone they could beat. But now the Marlins have 8 runs in in the second.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I saw that the Cubs were leading the Marlins 4-1 in the second inning and thought maybe the Cubbies had found someone they could beat. But now the Marlins have 8 runs in in the second.

And now the Cubs are getting rolled, 12-4.

Oh absolutely. I can't imagine shelling out money to go to the amount of games I do to deal with freezing cold and rain delays. Or the idea that I might pay for a full game ticket on one day and instead end up with a 7 inning game on some other day that I can't make it too.

That's a shame.

That's a shame.

Make it 14-4.

In the bottom of the 3rd.

Marlins making our offensive explosion look like just another day for the pathetic Cubs pitching staff.

We get all of the Marlins games down here but after it got out of hand we changed the channel. I hope the flubs are back to being the lovable losers. :)

Archived