Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-12: Brewers (Woodruff) at Cubs (Hendricks) [Brewers win, 17-4 -- Crew batters combine for 22 hits including 11 extra base hits and 5 home runs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was so wrong with that throw? I think a more seasoned 1B would have picked it. Going toward the line, nice pick, not an easy throw.

Yeah, I don't get the venom on that. An actual 1B digs that out.

True, but a good defensive player makes that throw not so adventurous.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

What was so wrong with that throw? I think a more seasoned 1B would have picked it. Going toward the line, nice pick, not an easy throw.

Yeah, I don't get the venom on that. An actual 1B digs that out.

True, but a good defensive player makes that throw not so adventurous.

I'm not sure that's accurate in this case, as I think some people are seeing what they want to see with Urias. That's a throw off a backhand that isn't the easiest. Just IMO.

3 innings from woodruff

Oof

If you are gonna get a short start might as well be on a day where everyone in the bullpen is well rested after Corbin threw 8 IP yesterday and the only reliever that pitched (Milner) was optioned.

The pace of this game is awful. I keep checking in between work calls and emails, and I find that I've missed maybe four pitches. It's almost two hours in and we are still in the fourth!

At this pace we're bumping right up to the Field of Dreams game.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Urias @ SS (710 innings) -5 DRS / -6.4 UZR

Urias @ 2B (489 innings) +2 DRS / -0.3 UZR

Urias @ 3B (575 innings) +6 DRS / +2.3 UZR

Small samples abound, but Urias has graded out fine at 2B and above average at 3B so far in his career.

I'm shocked that someone with a .937 fielding percentage at third this year is above average. He's not Ryan Braun bad but he makes a ton of errors.

Urias @ SS (710 innings) -5 DRS / -6.4 UZR

Urias @ 2B (489 innings) +2 DRS / -0.3 UZR

Urias @ 3B (575 innings) +6 DRS / +2.3 UZR

Small samples abound, but Urias has graded out fine at 2B and above average at 3B so far in his career.

I'm shocked that someone with a .937 fielding percentage at third this year is above average. He's not Ryan Braun bad but he makes a ton of errors.

At 3rd? I thought the vast majority of his errors this year were as a SS?

I wonder if we’re going to hear after the game that Woodruff was a little under the weather and tried to give it a go. As long as it isn’t Covid related, no big problem.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived