Brewer Fanatic

Curtiss to IL with torn UCL Perdomo to IL with back strain

markedman5

A number of transactions but didn't say anything about Ashby. Not on Brewers active roster on their site so I guess he was sent back down? Glad to see Topa back, unfortunate about Curtiss and Perdomo. A number of times where it looked like the Brewers would get closer to full strength and there always seems to be somebody new put on the IL.

A number of transactions but didn't say anything about Ashby. Not on Brewers active roster on their site so I guess he was sent back down? Glad to see Topa back, unfortunate about Curtiss and Perdomo. A number of times where it looked like the Brewers would get closer to full strength and there always seems to be somebody new put on the IL.

Yep, transactions log on their site:

08/11/21 Milwaukee Brewers optioned LHP Aaron Ashby to Nashville Sounds.

Yeah Ashby was the extra man yesterday so it was pretty much a certainty he would be sent back down.

They will need another starter Saturday……can’t be Ashby because of the 10 day thing right?

Will Houser or Lauer be ready to come off the IL?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Have to wonder how thorough the exam was when Curtiss was acquired. Payton Henry was a big price to pay for a guy with a bad elbow.

I thought that Payton Henry for Curtiss was cheap, and Reese Olson for Daniel Norris was expensive.

Not sure if Curtiss was hurt or not when we got him but I will assume he wasn't. I know his numbers looked awfully good the last couple of years but he just didn't impress me from his first appearance on. Seemed like he had a fairly ordinary fastball with a propensity to hang his off speed pitches.

Yeah Ashby was the extra man yesterday so it was pretty much a certainty he would be sent back down.

They will need another starter Saturday……can’t be Ashby because of the 10 day thing right?

Will Houser or Lauer be ready to come off the IL?

Possibly Lauer…..not sure if they would want him to start a game immediately after coming off the list but I think 10 days for him is up on Friday.

Have to wonder how thorough the exam was when Curtiss was acquired. Payton Henry was a big price to pay for a guy with a bad elbow.

Not really……..Henry was not protected last season and would have been unprotected again in all likelihood…….

No reason to think that Curtiss had a bad elbow before last night……..Brewers certainly saw his medical records and if they had concerns wouldn’t have made the deal.

Sometimes stuff just Happens.

I thought that Payton Henry for Curtiss was cheap, and Reese Olson for Daniel Norris was expensive.

I thought the same thing. Curtiss has multiple years of control, Norris a rental. Confusing returns for the opposing teams in comparison.

I don’t think the 10 day rule applies when you serve as the extra man for a double header. Sounds like Lauer may be back tomorrow, guessing he will take the start Saturday.

I think TH tweeted that Ashby was going to be kept around on the taxi squad. So he's not going far. I'm assuming he'll be added to the roster again at some point in the near future.

If Anderson can make his start on turn as expected this weekend, the Brewers rotation should be in good shape for the next two weeks with off days on the two Mondays.

If they want, they can easily set up Burnes and Woodruff for the first two games in St. Louis, Burnes, Woodruff, and Peralta for the 3 games against the Reds, Burnes, Woodruff and Peralta for the first 3 games against the Giants, and Burnes and Woodruff for the last two games of the home series against the Cardinals. That would give Burnes and Woodruff 5, 6, 5, and 4 days between their next 3 starts.

If things go well in the next 3 weeks, the Brewers will be in great shape heading into September with expanded rosters and more off days.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Hate to see that with Curtiss. I know he hasn't pitched well for the Brewers, but he's always had good numbers so I was excited when we got him and had a few years of control. With a torn UCL, he's going to be out for a long time, so it not only hurts this year's squad, but next year's as well.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived