Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-11: Brewers (Burnes) at Cubs (Arrieta) [Brewers win, 10-0 -- Burnes strikes out 15 and doesn’t allow a walk; Burnes also ties MLB record with 10 consecutive Ks]

Eye Black
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
there were a few projection systems for fantasy that really liked Votto going into the season and I thought they were nuts.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Joey Votto doing all he can for the Reds.

That’s annoying. We have to separate as far as we can because they have a ton of games against these Cubs and pirates chumps. Who are not even trying to compete

Meh. If the Brewers can’t hold a 7-game lead with 48 to go, they don’t deserve the division.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If Corbin strikes out 2 or 3 next inning, I think you have to give him the 9th to go after the team record of 18 by Sheets.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Rain approaching O'Hare. Got about 20 minutes left, 30 tops.

Not going to get through 9 by then. Maybe 8.

Will be interesting to see if they try to play through some garbage just to finish and if they don't, how much they will be willing to wait for one inning or less with a blowout score.

I try to keep Joey Votto in mind when I see Yelich struggle so much. It looked like Votto was completely cooked a couple years ago.

Has Votto ever had any major injuries?

He missed over 1/2 of 2014. Strained left quadriceps. But other than that, he's been pretty healthy.

Even though that wasn’t great contact for Yelich, it was nice to see him hit a ball in the air for the first time in awhile.

He had that sky high infield popup on a 3-0 meatball just a couple days ago.

I try to keep Joey Votto in mind when I see Yelich struggle so much. It looked like Votto was completely cooked a couple years ago.

He missed over 1/2 of 2014. Strained left quadriceps. But other than that, he's been pretty healthy.

Also, he missed about month or so with knee surgery in 2012.

Thanks! Yelich being a string bean worries me.

The back also worries me. Those can just really screw up a person. Even a little weirdness can change a player's swing and so forth.

He also seems to have had intermittent back issues and broke his thumb earlier this year.

Burnes losing it a little bit. Time to think about pulling the plug. It isn’t worth risking him.

Losing it? Botched grounder, catcher missed a pitch and a chopper in front of the plate. Bad luck, questionable defense, still pitching great.

Burnes losing it a little bit. Time to think about pulling the plug. It isn’t worth risking him.

Losing it? Botched grounder, catcher missed a pitch and a chopper in front of the plate. Bad luck, questionable defense, still pitching great.

Yeah, the ball hasn't left the infield. That's some bad luck.

Archived