Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-10, Game 1: Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Steele) [Brewers win, 4-2 in 7 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh Cubs fans ... never stop cheering for warning track fly balls.

Have you been to any games at AFF recently? Brewers fans are terrible. Just hearing the sound of bat meeting ball can send many folks into ecstasy.

.... which is still better than Cubs fans, who think a popup to shallow right field is a homerun.

At least that AB doesn’t affect Yelich’s solid OPS against RHP.

No stats can overcome the eye test of how terrible Yelich looks at the plate on so many of his ABs.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Oh Cubs fans ... never stop cheering for warning track fly balls.

Have you been to any games at AFF recently? Brewers fans are terrible. Just hearing the sound of bat meeting ball can send many folks into ecstasy.

.... which is still better than Cubs fans, who think a popup to shallow right field is a homerun.

It’s been like that at AFF too.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Can someone explain advancing on ground rule double? Looks like Wisdom hit a ground rule double and the guy on first was allowed to score? I was at Saturday's game and I believe Avisail hit a ground rule double and Escobar was on first and was sent back to third...What's the rule?

Wisdom reached on an infield single and advanced to second base on the throwing error by Peralta. He scored from second base on the ground rule double by Schwindel.

Kinda. He scored from 3rd. He tagged on the fly the at bat before.

It's a bit late and hindsight is 20/20 whatever, I'm honestly surprised they even had Yelich pinch hit the top half of a close game when Tellez was still on the bench. Assuming he's starting next game anyway, Tellez, Peterson and Narvaez all gave the Brewers a better chance to extend the lead there. I hope when the playoffs start Yelich is either going like he should or riding the bench any time a lefty is near the mound.

Wong seems to be really struggling lately. Be nice to get him going.

Wong is 4 for 29 in the 7 August games, so, yeah, he has been scuffling a little.

Can someone explain advancing on ground rule double? Looks like Wisdom hit a ground rule double and the guy on first was allowed to score? I was at Saturday's game and I believe Avisail hit a ground rule double and Escobar was on first and was sent back to third...What's the rule?

Wisdom reached on an infield single and advanced to second base on the throwing error by Peralta. He scored from second base on the ground rule double by Schwindel.

Kinda. He scored from 3rd. He tagged on the fly the at bat before.

Oh, right! Totally missed that when reading through the summary of plays.

Ah, thanks, I was following on Gameday and didn't see that.

Archived