Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-10, Game 1: Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Steele) [Brewers win, 4-2 in 7 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have I mentioned how much I absolutely love that Garcia is having a nice year ... simply because so many here and other places were 100% sure that he was a terrible signing and a terrible player.

Being contrarian can be fun once in a while.

Earlier in the season when the offense looked like they might get no hit every night, I was pretty down on Garcia and even proposed attaching a prospect to him to try to make him more attractive to trade and get out of the contract. Really happy to eat crow on that, he has been great pretty much since I discussed that idea.

Hoping JBJ is the next one to force us to reevaluate...his regular season line is probably cemented but nothing a few clutch postseason hits won't fix :)

Can someone explain advancing on ground rule double? Looks like Wisdom hit a ground rule double and the guy on first was allowed to score? I was at Saturday's game and I believe Avisail hit a ground rule double and Escobar was on first and was sent back to third...What's the rule?

Can someone explain advancing on ground rule double? Looks like Wisdom hit a ground rule double and the guy on first was allowed to score? I was at Saturday's game and I believe Avisail hit a ground rule double and Escobar was on first and was sent back to third...What's the rule?

Wisdom reached on an infield single and advanced to second base on the throwing error by Peralta. He scored from second base on the ground rule double by Schwindel.

Oh Cubs fans ... never stop cheering for warning track fly balls.

Have you been to any games at AFF recently? Brewers fans are terrible. Just hearing the sound of bat meeting ball can send many folks into ecstasy.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived