Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-10, Game 1: Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Steele) [Brewers win, 4-2 in 7 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peralta on pace to finish this one, assuming the Brewers can score before the 7th inning.

Steele is on pace to go 7 innings in both games.

Another nondescript lefty starter mesmerizes the Brewers.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

It is depressing to hear a .772 OPS split against RHP by Yelich be described as "solid".

I wonder what league average is. I’d bet it’s lower. I know what you’re saying but I don’t thinks it’s nearly as bad as we all think right now.

I think it is totally fair for fans to measure Yelich by a standard higher than “average”.

If he’s higher than average, what’s that make him? …. Above average. If he’s that, I’m fine with his contract as expecting MVP numbers probably wasn’t realistic. Find a bit more power and hit a bit more against lefties and he will be alright.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think it is totally fair for fans to measure Yelich by a standard higher than “average”.

If he’s higher than average, what’s that make him? …. Above average. If he’s that, I’m fine with his contract as expecting MVP numbers probably wasn’t realistic. Find a bit more power and hit a bit more against lefties and he will be alright.

OK, your standards and expectations are substantially lower than the Brewers front office and Yelich himself. They didn’t give him the contract he’s getting to be slightly above average against RHP in the prime years of his contract.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived