Brewer Fanatic

Who says no? Yelich Huira +prospect to LAD for Bellinger and Lux

Even if prospect were Turang or Ashby? I guess I dont know why LAD would do this deal, unless they think they could fix Huira and think Bellinger is permenatly broken. Was just thinking about these 4 players today.

Brewers do it to dump the Yelich contract, but thats also good reason for LAD to not do it.

Even if prospect were Turang or Ashby? I guess I dont know why LAD would do this deal, unless they think they could fix Huira and think Bellinger is permenatly broken. Was just thinking about these 4 players today.

Brewers do it to dump the Yelich contract, but thats also good reason for LAD to not do it.

There's no reason for the Dodgers to consider it.

Hiura sucks (.192/.279/.363) since the start of 2020.

Yelich has a slightly higher OBP than Bellinger since the start of 2020 (both are slugging .393), but is owed 175 million dollars.

Even if the prospect was a clone of Mickey Mantle the Dodgers would still say no.

Bellinger's K rate has gone way up. Sitting at 25.9% for the season which is definitely sub-par (median number among qualifiers is 21.3%), but it's not a disaster. Bellinger's hard hit ball % has gone way down, but his weakly hit ball % hasn't risen dramatically, so most of the hard hit balls have now fallen into the medium category. Bellinger's biggest problem is that he currently sits with a ridiculously low .203 BABIP. So when looking at some of the peripherals, I think Bellinger's chances of bouncing back is far better than Hiura.

Bellinger is also a +34 DRS and +6.8 UZR/150 as a major league outfielder, most of those innings in centerfield, which gives him a big advantage over Hiura because Bellinger can field and field well whereas Hiura always figures to be awful when it comes to defense.

I have Mitchell by far and away the best Brewer prospect, and I don't think a Bellinger for Hiura + Mitchell is anywhere near a fair trade. Don't even need to bring Lux into the equation. Hiura only has value once he hits major league pitching again.

I have Mitchell by far and away the best Brewer prospect, and I don't think a Bellinger for Hiura + Mitchell is anywhere near a fair trade. Don't even need to bring Lux into the equation. Hiura only has value once he hits major league pitching again.

I have watched Bellinger a lot this year. He has no power at all he is swinging a pool noodle when he comes up to the plate. If he doesn't improve his power numbers he is going to have even less value. If the Brewers offered Hiura and Mitchell for Bellinger the Dodgers would take that deal and laugh at you for even giving up Mitchell for Bellinger let a lone giving them Hiura.

While Hiura is bad his issue has been striking out and not putting the ball in play. Bellinger's issue as I pointed out is 100% he has no power in his bat this season is that fixable or has his injuries sapped him of all of his power? If Bellinger going forward is what he is then he has absolutely no value at all and if he doesn't show any improvement with the power between this year and the end of next year he basically looks a lot like Benintendi and that is the value that I would put on Bellinger right now.

Archived