Brewer Fanatic

Fall Ball Anyone?

brewerjamie15

Anyone interested in playing BF.Net Fall softball? I have no idea about details, this is just an interest gauge. I'd take no less than 12 and no more than 15 players.

Signing up now is not a commitment but I'd ask that you be serious before coming aboard.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

New to the board and saw this post. I'm a solid hitter that pitches for four different teams right now. I'm hitting just below .600 in two leagues, nearly .800 in one and I won't talk about the other one (only around .450...blech!).

I average about a walk a game pitching. I know a couple other people who might be interested, good hitting OF and solid hitting SS/2B, both of whom field well (they're the 1-2 hitters on three of my teams) if there's a need for people. They've both talked about fall ball.

I bowl on Tuesdays starting the first or second week of September so I could probably only play a M/W league unless the games are mostly 6 and 7 p.m. as bowling begins at 9 p.m.

Hey Brian,

FYI

The city of madison offers sotfball through MSCR. The fall league is only 5 games and registration is due by the end of july. There are other leagues not associated with madison you may want to look into. I have played at blowing green (middleton) and found the field conditions and organziation to be much better than mscr.

Being in Madison is no excuse. I work in Madison five days a week but still am able to be in four softball leagues and a bowling league in the Milwaukee area! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

However, i've been thinking about starting up a Madison chapter of BF.net softball.

Sweet. I can see the jersey now:

HAWING

The only problem is, I'd be a complete liability anywhere on the field. However, perhaps I could do stats or something.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I would really like to play fall ball in Milwaukee if you guys get a team and still need guys. I'm a pretty average overall player and have played outfield my whole life, but can play second or first and certainly don't mind catching. Any night but Wednesday, I think, would be good with me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived