Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-08: Giants (Cueto) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Anderson exits with calf cramping; Misplays cost the Crew down the stretch]

Eye Black
The booing of Kris Bryant. Be better Brewers fans.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get that our bullpen is far from healthy, but it doesn't look like we really did enough at the deadline to help it. These additions haven't been very good.

I mean, the've both been thrust into high-leverage set-up rolls since the pretty much got here. Couldn't really anticipate the team losing half their bullpen to COVID.

High leverage? Norris was brought in to work the 7th inning with no one on. Promptly walks a guy and gives up a shot. He's utterly useless.

Norris gave up a walk and a bomb to two lefties! I mean, I can cut a guy some slack for being in a position that isn’t suited to his repertoire or skill set, but it’s a mid inning relief appearance with lefty-lefty matchups. If he isn’t here for this exact scenario, why is he here?

The booing of Kris Bryant. Be better Brewers fans.

Yeah I agree. He is a former Cub, so what? It's not like he was a dirt bag or bad mouthed the Brewers. Just a weird, petty fan reaction.

I was trying to figure that out the last couple of games as well. Why in the world, other than the Cub thing, does any fan in attendance care about him?

EVERY game that Dillard does, he talks strike zone changing in game. Please someone give him talking points…..

Dillard is awful at this. His funny guy stuff isn’t nearly as funny as it seemed to be a few years ago

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Norris gave up a walk and a bomb to two lefties! I mean, I can cut a guy some slack for being in a position that isn’t suited to his repertoire or skill set, but it’s a mid inning relief appearance with lefty-lefty matchups. If he isn’t here for this exact scenario, why is he here?

That's a good question. Typically the reliever acquisitions this team has made in-season have worked out well. Early returns on Norris are not great, though ... and it seems they gave up a decent pitching prospect for him.

But it is early.

Why would they curse at him? Bryant seems like a good dude that just happened to play on a rival team. I was really hoping we would land him actually. Either way, it’s weird.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I sometimes get The channel has jumped to live TV to allow TV viewing or recording on the DVR receiver alerts on my TV (even though there is no other TV on and I'm not recording anything) where the screen goes blank and it usually happens at the worst possible time but this time it happened during that stupid song and everything's coming up Milhouse. The only disappointment is it didn't stay on through that stupid Yelich American Family Insurance commercial.

EVERY game that Dillard does, he talks strike zone changing in game. Please someone give him talking points…..

Dillard is awful at this. His funny guy stuff isn’t nearly as funny as it seemed to be a few years ago

It's easy to be funny for 5 to 15 minutes. 3 hours is a long time to fill. Uecker has years and years and years of life and baseball experience and he just has a knack for telling real life stories in a funny way because he has a boatload of charisma. Dillard just seems to be a try-hard who sounds like he's a bad stand up comic who happened to play minor league baseball who's calling a baseball game.

That's a good question. Typically the reliever acquisitions this team has made in-season have worked out well. Early returns on Norris are not great, though ... and it seems they gave up a decent pitching prospect for him.

But it is early.

He's here for 2 months. He doesn't have a lot of time to make a good impression. We'll probably get 10 or 15 more innings out of him the entire season.

It was never funny.

But it is early.

He's here for 2 months. He doesn't have a lot of time to make a good impression. We'll probably get 10 or 15 more innings out of him the entire season.

Yep. Could be a big 10-15 innings though.

Archived