Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-08: Giants (Cueto) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Anderson exits with calf cramping; Misplays cost the Crew down the stretch]

Eye Black
Flores looks like he just got done crying.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can’t believe Curtiss is mailing it in!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I get that our bullpen is far from healthy, but it doesn't look like we really did enough at the deadline to help it. These additions haven't been very good.

Agreed, unfortunately.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

We're at the point where you can't even trust Urias to fill in as a backup SS once every few weeks.

And its the routine plays that seem to be his nemesis

Yes, given the luxury of taking his time to make the throw it’s like his entire technique falls apart. Just throw everything with your hair on fire, I guess.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

All things considered, pretty good job to limit the damage that inning.

I think it’s a little premature to declare the deadline bullpen acquisitions a bust at this point.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Curtiss just looks like a guy to me. At the time of the trade people were so excited for all those years of control we got. Eventually he'll become somebody like Claudio that you just end up non-tendering him rather than go through arbitration with him, probably after year 1. His arm just isn't terribly special.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I get that our bullpen is far from healthy, but it doesn't look like we really did enough at the deadline to help it. These additions haven't been very good.

I mean, the've both been thrust into high-leverage set-up rolls since the pretty much got here. Couldn't really anticipate the team losing half their bullpen to COVID.

I can’t believe Curtiss is mailing it in!

What an awful take. You need to won this.

I think I did “won this”. ;)

I mean, the've both been thrust into high-leverage set-up rolls since the pretty much got here. Couldn't really anticipate the team losing half their bullpen to COVID.

I can buy this to a point but other teams did acquire relievers and thrust them into high leverage situation and they are doing fine. If they can't handle high leverage situations, why did they acquire them?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived