Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-08: Giants (Cueto) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Anderson exits with calf cramping; Misplays cost the Crew down the stretch]

Eye Black
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, those are mail it in days.

So if they don’t get hits they’re not trying hard? Saying a professional athlete has “mail it in” days is an awful take. They’re at this level for a reason and playing for potentially millions on their next contracts. Guys who have mail it in days aren’t in the league long if ever.

Anderson has been pitching so damn well too. Damn.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brett Anderson has been completely as-advertised the last two seasons. Solid, above average starting pitcher ... WHEN HEALTHY. He always seems to be battling some sort of nagging injury.

No doubt. Guy has made more than 19 starts twice in the past 12 years.

Right, those are mail it in days.

So if they don’t get hits they’re not trying hard? Saying a professional athlete has “mail it in” days is an awful take. They’re at this level for a reason and playing for potentially millions on their next contracts. Guys who have mail it in days aren’t in the league long if ever.

Sorry that I offended you on behalf of the Brewers. I made an observation after a nine-pitch inning. It’s not sworn testimony, but a comment in an IGT.

Uh oh. Fandom police on the prowl today.

Fandom police? It was a poor take. Own it.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We're at the point where you can't even trust Urias to fill in as a backup SS once every few weeks.

And its the routine plays that seem to be his nemesis

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Uh oh. Fandom police on the prowl today.

Fandom police? It was a poor take. Own it.

Sorry, this a pretty lackluster performance. Haven't seen anything to change my mind. It is my take and I do own. I'm allowed to have it we will have to agree to disagree about whether is was poor. You do you though. I will wait for you to tell me how I should perceive games before commenting on them in the future.

I think your comment is the worst take in the thread.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived