Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-08: Giants (Cueto) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 5-4 -- Anderson exits with calf cramping; Misplays cost the Crew down the stretch]

Eye Black
Wow, Narvy got all of that one.

Edit: After watching how truly bad Narvaez looked last season it has been a pleasure to watch him be the exact opposite this season.

Rather lead the league in that.

Definitely. If there were four of those a game

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Untimely miscue is one way to put it

Dude is typically very good in right field. Seems like a fair assessment to me. Not real sure how else it can be described. It's a catch that Garcia likely makes more than 99 times out of 100.

Oh boy

Oh boy? Not real sure what you are getting at here? He messed up. It was a big one. It sucked. It doesn't take away from the fact that he's having a very solid season both offensively and defensively for this team.

I switched to SF broadcast cuz the home one is brutal. They actually were heaping praise on Uecker that last half inning. Said one of biggest downfalls of the covid restrictions for him was not being able to travel to Milwaukee to see Ueck in person this series.

Looks like narvaez isn’t mailing it in.

Good thing cuz the rest of the lineup has all of a single.

There will be days like that.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Mail it in days are days you don’t get hits? Bad take.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

5 hits / zero walks (1 run) vs. 4 hits / 1 walk (3 runs)

Who is mailing it in?

Mail it in days are days you don’t get hits? Bad take.

I think it's more than that. The ABs have looked better over the last couple innings, but they didn't look like they were really interested for the first three. Of course, after taking it on the chin in last night's game, that is somewhat understandable.

Right, those are mail it in days.

What is that based on? Just your own assumption that they aren't trying as hard as they should? I mean, Johnny Cueto isn't some chump pitcher.

To deliver a performance without commitment or effort, with lackluster results.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Right, those are mail it in days.

What is that based on? Just your own assumption that they aren't trying as hard as they should? I mean, Johnny Cueto isn't some chump pitcher.

To deliver a performance without commitment or effort, with lackluster results.

Without effort? How do you know this? Again, what are you basing this on? The fact they don't have hits? This is major league baseball. In 162 games, there's going to be MANY games that they "don't have hits". They aren't giving effort because in four innings they only have 2 hits? What??

While there is some value in getting to 3rd, my super hazy recollection is that even a .100 chance by swinging away for a pitcher is going to be worth more. No double play worries certainly helps. And the pitch count. Cueto being a veteran might be allowed to rack up the pitch count more, but it does look like it would be difficult for him to go more than 6 innings today.

Archived