Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-07: Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 9-6 in 11 innings -- Garcia misplays the would’ve been game winning catch in 9th]

Eye Black

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers hitters don’t have a lot of experience facing Aaron Sanchez, but the two with the most success against him have been Willy Adames (3-for-7) and Jackie Bradley Jr. (5-for-21, 2B, HR). Sanchez just recently returned from a biceps injury that had kept him out of action since early May. In his two appearances since returning he’s pitched 5.0 total innings, throwing 36 pitches in his first outing and 59 pitches in his second.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Watching a replay of last night's game... Top of the 10th, Dillard drops a seamless "you don't win friends with salad" reference in describing the 1st base ump's unpopularity following a questionable check swing call. Fan for life.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Just about time for the daily Covid report.

Same lineup as last night except that Pina is catching and batting 8th, so last night’s 4-8 all move up a slot.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Looking at the lineup and it's amusing to me how things change. It wasn't that long ago that the lineup was often Cain, Yeli, Braun (all OFer's). Now lately it's been the IF at the top of the lineup.

Really looks like jbj might be done here. Taylor can’t find a hit and he’s still playing

On the other hand, it's too bad Urias can't get into the lineup. Escobar has 275 career innings in the outfield, which is 275 more than he had at first base before last week. Not an option?

Really looks like jbj might be done here. Taylor can’t find a hit and he’s still playing

We can only hope, but I see no way he doesn't exercize his option for next year. He will stay and take the money.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

We can only hope, but I see no way he doesn't exercize his option for next year. He will stay and take the money.

Sometimes guys come back the next year and completely turn it around

This year he might done except for some minor spot roles

I bet with Sanchez starting and likely only going a few innings, Counsell figured that the Giants would use a few lefties during the night that would neutralize Omar, so give him today off instead of his usual Sunday

Archived