Brewer Fanatic

Houser and Gustave test positive for Covid

markedman5
I wonder have the Brewers sent anyone to scout JJ ?

Has Jeffress been signed by someone yet? If Axford was a possible…

Jeremy Jeffress currently has an 11.17 ERA in 10 G / 9.2 IP with 14 K / 8 BB / 3 HR pitching for the Lexington Legends of the independent Atlantic League.

Jeremy Jeffress currently has an 11.17 ERA in 10 G / 9.2 IP with 14 K / 8 BB / 3 HR pitching for the Lexington Legends of the independent Atlantic League.

Is that bad?

Is that bad?

He doesn’t have COVID, yer sayin.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Is that bad?

I feel like we'd have to look at the rest of the stats for the league and go with League adjusted/fip/era+, but yes, I feel like that's pretty bad.

Is that bad?

Could be worse. At least he isn't pitching in the California Penal League.

It isn’t ideal, but at what point do they start postponing games?

When it’s a large market team that it affects.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wonder what the actual rules are on this but I can't seem to find anything concrete. I'd guess it has something to do with a team asking for a postponement or maybe having more guys catch it at once than they can replace in the time frame needed to field 26 guys.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I wonder what the actual rules are on this but I can't seem to find anything concrete. I'd guess it has something to do with a team asking for a postponement or maybe having more guys catch it at once than they can replace in the time frame needed to field 26 guys.

I looked around as well, and couldn't find anything specific. I wonder if a team can just say "hey, we've got too much close contact/trace contact" and ask for a postponement until they can get tests back. Honestly, I feel like the Brewers HAVE to be at or near that point. I obviously don't want the Brewers playing double headers later in the season or trying to play 35 games in 36 days, but we're reaching critical mass for available players, and the team has to look at what scenario is realistically more viable for the long term strength of the team over the course of the rest of this season and their playoff future.

Thus far, but since not everybody gets tested because of vaccinations you never really know who has it or is carrying it on the team right now. Unless they actually test everybody on the team it could stick around for a while.

note that by nature of being placed on the covid-19 injured list as a close contact, jandel gustave was not vaccinated at the time--which likely contributed to the severity of his symptoms when he later tested positive. this likely cost him time on the active roster, because it's going to take longer for him to regain strength.

We dont need another starter until Sunday. My guess is he works out "recovering" until then. They will need to clear a 40 man roster spot so I am thinking Lopes or Yardley will get DFA'd to make room. Sanchez will probably be optioned to make room on the 26 man roster.

We dont need another starter until Sunday. My guess is he works out "recovering" until then. They will need to clear a 40 man roster spot so I am thinking Lopes or Yardley will get DFA'd to make room. Sanchez will probably be optioned to make room on the 26 man roster.

the club currently has 20 position players and 20 pitchers on the 40-man roster. they seem to tend to carry more pitchers, so i'm thinking that tim lopes is the dfa candidate today when adrian houser is activated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived