Brewer Fanatic

Houser and Gustave test positive for Covid

markedman5

Tell the rest of the starters to stay home when not starting….. More bad can happen than good when here.

It’s probably too late now. Hopefully Burnes previous bout will help him this time.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Hopefully, it's just Houser and Lauer because they worked out of the pen.

With the off days, they could go with 4 days rest for the remaining starters. Use a spot starter on the 9th or 10th and hope Lauer is back the 14th and Houser back the 16th.

More "vaccinated" players testing positive for the virus they were "vaccinated" for? Or are these "unvaccinated" players?

Being vaccinated doesn't necessarily mean you are immune. There is a greater chance you won't feel the effects or they will be mild. None of the vaccines are 100% effective.

More "vaccinated" players testing positive for the virus they were "vaccinated" for? Or are these "unvaccinated" players?

Being vaccinated doesn't necessarily mean you are immune. There is a greater chance you won't feel the effects or they will be mild. None of the vaccines are 100% effective.

I get "not 100% effective" but this isn't just a random outlier. This is a lot of players testing positive. Were these guys actually vaccinated or was that just a fake thing reported to the media? Or are the vaccines really this bad?

I get "not 100% effective" but this isn't just a random outlier. This is a lot of players testing positive. Were these guys actually vaccinated or was that just a fake thing reported to the media? Or are the vaccines really this bad?

Well not all players want to disclose if they are vaccinated or not, at least 85% of the team has been at one point. However, they were pushing the J&J vaccine which isn't as effective as the others.

Well it was reported they got the JJ one shot which was lower. But the main thing is that's not how the vaccines work, you can still get it, you just won't get sick. From what I understand it help reduce the chances of getting (though don't hold me to that) but that 95% number you here is in regards to getting legit bad sick from it, not being able to get it. Presumably many normal people like us who are vaccinated but not subject to testing like these guys have had this pass through us while we've all started living again, but we didn't feel sick beyond any normal daily not feeling good stuff so we'd never bother getting tested. These players though are in a different situation with the testing protocols.

The vaccines are not bad. They do a pretty good job at protecting you from getting really sick or hospitalized...or worse. I believe above 97% of hospitalizations right now are unvaccinated. Sorry moderators...just wanted to point this out.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Well not all players want to disclose if they are vaccinated or not, at least 85% of the team has been at one point. However, they were pushing the J&J vaccine which isn't as effective as the others.

The J&J vaccine efficacy is more like 66%, but the efficacy against hospitalization/death is almost 100%. There is some evidence that it is not as effective against the Delta variant, which accounts for >90% of new positive tests.

If someone is bored and has the time maybe accumulating a list of when each player is eligible to come back wouldn't be a bad thing? Yeli is today, I can't remember how far behind some of the Ps were but hopefully 1-2 are coming up soon.

In terms of roster impact, there are enough unknowns that I won't give a false sense by running a calculation, but with the large size of the roster that has been used so far this year and that published 66% number a person could very reasonably expect quite a few more cases yet. So far everyone seems to be having minimal stays on the DL which is a pretty big plus.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wonder have the Brewers sent anyone to scout JJ ?

I'd guess there's about a 1% chance that JJ finds his way onto an MLB roster from this point of the season forward. I won't say zero, just because you never say never, but if he's not into someone's facility by now, and if teams haven't gotten ahold of him by now, it's probably not going to happen, and we probably wont' find out *why* for a while, if ever.

I wonder have the Brewers sent anyone to scout JJ ?

I'd guess there's about a 1% chance that JJ finds his way onto an MLB roster from this point of the season forward. I won't say zero, just because you never say never, but if he's not into someone's facility by now, and if teams haven't gotten ahold of him by now, it's probably not going to happen, and we probably wont' find out *why* for a while, if ever.

1% is still better odds than Axford.

The J&J vaccine efficacy is more like 66%, but the efficacy against hospitalization/death is almost 100%. There is some evidence that it is not as effective against the Delta variant, which accounts for >90% of new positive tests.

Which company makes the Delta variant test?

Archived