Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-06: Giants (Webb) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 2-1 in 10 innings -- Rowdy hits the walk-off winner in extras]

Eye Black
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know there aren’t exactly better options, but Brent Suter [who I like!] just doesn’t seem like a good option in these runner starts on 2B extra inning situations.

Yeah a strikeout pitcher is definitely better in this spot. Suter gave up some runs in the 10th earlier this year. Might not be a better option though as you pointed out.

To be fair Suter is almost an 8/K per 9 pitcher for his career and almost 9/9 this season. I know we don't think of him as a strikeout pitcher but the difference between him and the other available ones as far as K rate goes were probably minimal.

To be fair Suter is almost an 8/K per 9 pitcher for his career and almost 9/9 this season. I know we don't think of him as a strikeout pitcher but the difference between him and the other available ones as far as K rate goes were probably minimal.

Fair enough, it probably helps a bit that the Giants hitters haven’t faced him much as well.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Suter with another win lol
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived