Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-06: Giants (Webb) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers win, 2-1 in 10 innings -- Rowdy hits the walk-off winner in extras]

Eye Black

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logan Webb has been fantastic for the Giants this season, much of which is due to the increased development and usage of his changeup which is very good. The good news for the Brewers is he has been tougher on righties (.574 OPS) than lefty batters (.720 OPS), and he has been much better at home (1.85 ERA, .567 OPS) than on the road (4.62 ERA, .706 OPS) this season.

Corbin Burnes has had limited appearances against these Giants hitters, only one of them has more than one hit against him. That hitter is Buster Posey who is 4-for-4 against Burnes (all singles). In case you were wondering, Kris Bryant is 0-for-6 with 3 strikeouts against Burnes.

E8JMO8IWQAIRqOl?format=jpg&name=small

E8IigMTXEAAlEyg?format=jpg&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

It would be nice to start winning some games when woodruff starts

Brewers are 13-8 in Woodruff starts.

Maybe he was referring to us losing 4 of his last five starts and scoring 5 runs total in the 4 losses.

He's deserved a lot better results than he's gotten lately.

You know it’s funny, we always comment on how good the other team is. The fans of all of those teams are saying the same thing about the Brewers and looking at the pitching matchups which usually favor us.

Would be nice to see regression from the giants stat lines start to occur. I know it was discussed park factors came into play but looking at both their hitting and their pitching something has to give.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

That’s exactly what I’m talking about it until the pedantic police show up

I posted that counting the seconds until dale sveum ugly face pops up

At least you're being an absolute child about it, so there's that. Feel better?

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Would be nice to see regression from the giants stat lines start to occur. I know it was discussed park factors came into play but looking at both their hitting and their pitching something has to give.

Sometimes a team just happens to have a handful of players that all have career years at the same time: Crawford, Posey, Belt. I'm not so sure something has to give, and certainly that Crawford is a free agent after 2021 and Posey and Belt have expensive club options for 22 which are likely to be declined probably has a little bit to do with it.

As for their pitching, I think it was probably underrated when the year began. DeSclafani, Alex Wood and Johnny Cueto all have long track records of being good starting pitchers, but injury prone. To date, they've been able to stay healthy. Gausman could have some regression in him, but he's been really good since his disastrous half season with Atlanta in 2019 (214 IP, 265 K, 4:1 K:B ratio, and a WHIP of 1.01) and also will get real paid after the season.

It would be nice to start winning some games when woodruff starts

Brewers are 13-8 in Woodruff starts.

I think it was pretty obvious he was wishing for better W/L luck for Woodruff, as great as he has been.

I thought so too.

As well as Woody has pitched, he definately should have, and deserves more wins.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Usually I have some belief that a pro baseball team has a chance to beat anyone

But I don’t know if I can follow the reds games this weekend. I honestly don’t think the pirates will win one game. They are just that bad

Will Yelich be back tonight or will he get minor league games in?

I haven’t even seen any announcement yet saying he’s been cleared to play.

Maybe a hunch since he's been on the COVID IL for 10 days and was previously vaccinated... but I suspect him to be back very soon.

Will Yelich be back tonight or will he get minor league games in?

I haven’t even seen any announcement yet saying he’s been cleared to play.

Maybe a hunch since he's been on the COVID IL for 10 days and was previously vaccinated... but I suspect him to be back very soon.

He might need a day or two to get up to speed. My understanding is that he has been chilling at home, not allowed at the team facilities, so even if cleared, I would understand if they didn't activate for a day or two.

Well I guess we can activate Yelich with Houser and Gustave now out with Covid

Todd Rosiak

@Todd_Rosiak

Adrian Houser has tested positive for COVID-19, Craig Counsell says. Jandel Gustave — who was quarantined as a close contact — has since as well.

I haven’t seen the Brewers release their lineup yet.

The way things have been going that makes me nervous that there might be some Covid developments with position players too. Maybe they are waiting to see if Yelich will be good enough to go and be put into the lineup.

At least the fact that he is warming up on the field must mean that he has tested negative and will be able to play if he feels up to it.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I haven’t seen the Brewers release their lineup yet.

The way things have been going that makes me nervous that there might be some Covid developments with position players too. Maybe they are waiting to see if Yelich will be good enough to go and be put into the lineup.

At least the fact that he is warming up on the field must mean that he has tested negative and will be able to play if he feels up to it.

I was thinking the same thing, pretty late to not have a lineup yet. Hopefully it's just a Yelich thing and not something worse.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived