Brewer Fanatic

Lauer to Covid IL

markedman5

This has probably been discussed in other threads, but I don't understand the Close contact IL (I know this is not the case here). Aren't all the players in close contact every day?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

This has probably been discussed in other threads, but I don't understand the Close contact IL (I know this is not the case here). Aren't all the players in close contact every day?

I believe that only non-vaccinated close-contacts are required to go on the IL.

As I understand it, most of the Brewers' COVID-IL moves are because the players actually tested positive.

I don't know the exact numbers but it's extended close contact like within 8 ft of each other for half an hour (eating together). I don't think sharing a clubhouse counts or 2 minute hi how are ya conversations.

Yes, you would think so. I thought having it go through the bullpen made sense, because they all sit together away from the rest of the team. Lauer? Seems that the starters sit in the dugout on their off days.

My feeling is that this close contact thing will go away in the playoffs, so let’s get it out of the way now. I mean, does anyone believe that Thanasis had no contact with Giannis during the playoffs?

please make it stop.....

Adam McCalvy

@AdamMcCalvy

·

35s

Brewers left-hander Eric Lauer has tested positive for COVID-19 and is going on the IL.

The nightmare continues. I fear this could cost us the division if any more big names end up on the IL.

please make it stop.....

Adam McCalvy

@AdamMcCalvy

·

35s

Brewers left-hander Eric Lauer has tested positive for COVID-19 and is going on the IL.

The nightmare continues. I fear this could cost us the division if any more big names end up on the IL.

We'll be alright. We're a resilient ballclub and better to get it over with now then late in the season. All these guys will be back in short order.

please make it stop.....

Adam McCalvy

@AdamMcCalvy

·

35s

We'll be alright. We're a resilient ballclub and better to get it over with now then late in the season. All these guys will be back in short order.

Yeah, who needs players. Meanwhile, as the cases mount the division lead could dwindle pretty quickly.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Last year, a few teams were shut down for multiple days because of COVID and here we are signing Axford and pitching minor league pitchers in close games. At what point do our games get cancelled and rescheduled?

I don't know the exact numbers but it's extended close contact like within 8 ft of each other for half an hour (eating together). I don't think sharing a clubhouse counts or 2 minute hi how are ya conversations.

Ok, so a long offensive inning they may be in the dugout 20+ minutes and also, throughout the course of a game they are in the dugout together way more than 30 minutes. It's not consecutive, but what's the difference. I also believe they spend more than 30 minutes in the clubhouse together. PeavyFury's explanation would make some sense.

Also, what is the policy for postponing games? I know some teams have had games postponed this year because of COVID (Nats? Yankees?). Why have no Brewer games been cancelled? Would hate to see us lose games because of this (already lost at least one, last night) and then 2 to 4 weeks from now it becomes more widespread to the point where they postpone games after the Brewers have already paid the price in terms of games lost due to COVID.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Dugouts are open-air, well-ventilated areas in outdoor environments (technically unless the roofs and panels are all closed, but I don't think that's been the case recently). It's indoors (clubhouse, restaurants, etc.) that is the concern.

• 2 weeks later...

The tweet has been deleted.

McCalvy said that Lauer will rejoin the team in Pittsburgh today but will not be activated yet.

No reason to activate him until they are ready to use him. Maybe they plan to start him tomorrow.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived