Brewer Fanatic

2022 schedule expected to be released today

gebc1997

The trip to Fenway looks neat. I was hoping somehow they'd get us the Camden Yards series we lost due to Covid but I guess that's never happening.

They must have heard your wish: April 11-13 at Baltimore! Not a weekend trip, but at least it's not a Tues/Wed mid-week two-gamer.

Full 2022 Schedule: https://www.mlb.com/brewers/schedule/2022-03

Edited by jodo23

The trip to Fenway looks neat. I was hoping somehow they'd get us the Camden Yards series we lost due to Covid but I guess that's never happening.

I see three at Camden inApril.

I missed that; generally was only looking at the summer when I'd be most likely to go. I think we had one in late May in 2020 that never happened. Not sure though.

wow, Labor Day weekend in AZ! I think the Brewers have had June games here for the last 5 years, and I'm always out of town with the school year over.

Of course I'd love to go see them in San Diego one of these years, but it's always in April or May on a Monday-Wed. Never a weekend series. At least that's Finals week and maybe I can sneak away

Brewers/Dbacks for opening day just sucks for us. Now I can watch the Brewers pregame stuff (via Directv) before being forced to watch . . . . Dbacks television. Ugh.

At least I can listen to the radio crew.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The big question is...how much of this schedule will actually get played? Is there any chance of them getting a new CBA in time?

Is a strike or lockout a foregone conclusion?

I sure think so.

I don't think the issues are any more likely to result in a work stoppage than in the past. There's always things that are contentious but they can all be resolved.

The big question is...how much of this schedule will actually get played? Is there any chance of them getting a new CBA in time?

Given decline in revenue due to COVID, how far are teams willing to go in the direction of risking more lost revenue? That's what it'll turn on for me. Are the clubs willing to make some financial concessions in order to avoid another partial revenue year? Are they willing to take a slightly smaller piece of a bigger pie?

I doubt it. Given the choice, I'd always bet on the side of these ownership groups not actually caring about baseball or very much, especially if it means making the system more fair in the process....maybe that's too cynical.

• 6 months later...
Welp… so much for that series at Camden. :angry

I've been in Baltimore for 12 years now and have yet to even have a chance to see the Brewers in Camden Yards. This is 100% going to be my biggest disappointment if they don't get this figured out in time to avoid another round of game cuts.

I am all planned and set to go to Boston in July with my wife and another couple (flight and accommodations, waiting on tickets). I hope so much that it doesn't get canceled. We were all set to go in June 2020 as well (had flight, accommodations and tickets all bought), of course that didn't happen.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Owners are getting rid of payroll for some (mostly) lightly-attended regular season games. Their message has been very clear in stating that the games would not be made up and that players would not get that money back. So far, in exchange, they have gotten more playoff games that, as we know, are more lucrative for them. They have very little incentive to save April and the approximately 700 million in payroll that they would be laying out. We will see if the players follow through with their threat to pull the expanded playoffs off the table.

Manfred makes me laugh. "If it was solely within my ability or the ability of the clubs to get an agreement, we'd have an agreement," Manfred, who often touts his deal-making ability, said Tuesday. "The tough thing about this process is we have to get an agreement from both parties." Really, Rob? A negotiated contract is tougher than a unilaterally-imposed one? If it weren't for those meddling players...

Welp… so much for that series at Camden. :angry

I've been in Baltimore for 12 years now and have yet to even have a chance to see the Brewers in Camden Yards. This is 100% going to be my biggest disappointment if they don't get this figured out in time to avoid another round of game cuts.

That definitely would be one of the big disappointments on the schedule. In the same boat after living around Harrisburg, PA for 14 years. (Even if the games aren't canceled, the schedule had them playing in Baltimore during Holy Week, pretty much making it a no-go anyway in my line of work.... Go figure.)

Owners are getting rid of payroll for some (mostly) lightly-attended regular season games. Their message has been very clear in stating that the games would not be made up and that players would not get that money back. So far, in exchange, they have gotten more playoff games that, as we know, are more lucrative for them. They have very little incentive to save April and the approximately 700 million in payroll that they would be laying out. We will see if the players follow through with their threat to pull the expanded playoffs off the table.

Manfred makes me laugh. "If it was solely within my ability or the ability of the clubs to get an agreement, we'd have an agreement," Manfred, who often touts his deal-making ability, said Tuesday. "The tough thing about this process is we have to get an agreement from both parties." Really, Rob? A negotiated contract is tougher than a unilaterally-imposed one? If it weren't for those meddling players...

I side primarily on the side of owners, right or wrong. Players make too much already, right? Yet, the Manfred comments here stood out. I was listening intently to his words and this came out. If it is up to you? Yeah, of course there is a deal.