Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-04: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Tellez pinch hit 3-run HR proves the difference; Williams secures the save]

Eye Black
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the game today. Brewers have had quite of few good at bats but just not stringing them along or catching any breaks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

A quiet day from the offense is not what we needed today.

They have hit alot of balls hard today, with very little to show for it.

The Pirates have more hard hit balls and more to show for it.

There has been nothing resembling a hard hit ball for the Brewers since the third inning. The last 10 outs have all been pretty meek.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Losing ground in a series when you are playing the pirates is beyond bad

Brewers are 11-4 against them so far this season, which outpaces their overall win percentage...so it's not like they are actually their nemesis. I think it just seems that way every time the Brewers don't crush them - reality is they still have some guys that can win games for them if their pitching isn't getting shelled.

The Reds won, so the Brewers need to pull this one out to keep from losing a game off their lead heading into a weekend where just holding serve is going to be a challenge.

Castellanos is expected back tomorrow to beef up the Reds offense.

Ebbs and flows of the season. Going to lose more games in the next 8 weeks when the Reds win. My guess is we still out win them the rest of the way.

The Reds won, so the Brewers need to pull this one out to keep from losing a game off their lead heading into a weekend where just holding serve is going to be a challenge.

Ebbs and flows of the season. Going to lose more games in the next 8 weeks when the Reds win. My guess is we still out win them the rest of the way.

Have you seen the schedule the Reds play? schedule is ranked 29th in terms of difficulty and I believe they play the Pirates 13 times. I doubt it. But we don't need to out win them the rest of the way. Just need to be ahead at the end of the year.

At the game today. Brewers have had quite of few good at bats but just not stringing them along or catching any breaks.

You pretty much could put this quote and people complaining about the umps balls and strikes in every game thread multiple times

Yes, it's the Pirates, but COVID is the bigger issue right now.

Need to start getting those BP guys back. Hope the offense can rally today, but there's like 50 games to go, and you've got a 6 game lead at least (assuming Reds win tomorrow).

Honestly, this is the point of having a cushion--to weather this kind injury luck.

Offense needs to be better, simple as that.

When you're up against guys like Cody Ponce and Steven Brault and you have a decimated pen that really needs to be picked up, you gotta be able to scratch out a few runs.

Have you seen the schedule the Reds play? schedule is ranked 29th in terms of difficulty and I believe they play the Pirates 13 times. I doubt it. But we don't need to out win them the rest of the way. Just need to be ahead at the end of the year.

They're pitching staff is still 12 out of 15 in runs allowed.

We are pretty awful against lefty starters and Brault has good numbers against us anyway so the lack of offense today was almost a forgone conclusion for me. Hopefully we can pull this one out.

Brault had a very short leash today coming off the 60 day IL and Ponce and Keller are terrible.

Apparently Anderson doesn’t know what he’s talking about when he says “The Brewers bats have been quiet today”. He must be missing all of the hard hit balls and bad breaks.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Taylor 0 for 17

That’s why I’m not so quick to declare that someone like him should be starting over Yelich. He has undoubtedly been a key contributor for the last couple of weeks but, like Peterson, he was bound to cool off as the league sees more of him. I see both Taylor and Peterson as good, important depth pieces, but maybe not more than that.

Archived