Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-03: Pirates (Kranick) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 8-5 in 10 innings -- Houser doesn’t allow a hit over 6.1 IP and exits with 4-run lead; things quickly unravel in the 7th]

Eye Black
I am a DS guy and think he is a great GM. Maybe I'm wrong about the deadline deals.

I’m just suggesting to give it a couple of weeks before we come to any definitive conclusions about guys they traded for four days ago. They might be awful, they might be great, or they might be somewhere in between. In 2019, Drew Pomeranz gave up earned runs in 3 of his first 5 appearances with the Brewers, and then gave up just 3 total earned runs over his next 20 appearances. All I am saying is let’s reconvene in a few weeks and determine how helpful the deadline acquisitions were.

I agree. Stearns deserves a lot of leeway. But for Cripes sakes if they can’t hold a four run lead against the pirates. We have a lot more tougher games coming up

They better get their heads right

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, please score. I don’t know if this team can do extras.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sanchez being shelved is a mystery

Like I said give this dude all the work he can handle.

I don't think he was really shelved - pitched Saturday so wasn't used Sunday, then didn't get in last night's game because I think they view him as a key arm in their pen as currently constructed. Great job getting out of that jam in the 8th!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sanchez was filthy. Better than dirty.

I see what you did there.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Well, Sanchez did a great job so pull him for the closer. Because that’s

What you did decades ago, before the current extra innings

Rules…

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Surprised that they went with Peterson in the outfield over JBJ especially late for D. Yelich coming back soon he might be in trouble??

Similar speculation from the Pirates TV crew, suggesting maybe JBJ’s days are numbered. (Stuck listening to them here in PA.) Might be a bit off, though. But a roster crunch is potentially looming.

Archived