Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-03: Pirates (Kranick) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 8-5 in 10 innings -- Houser doesn’t allow a hit over 6.1 IP and exits with 4-run lead; things quickly unravel in the 7th]

Eye Black
Needed to do better at the deadline with regard to the pen and didn't.

Seems a little premature to make any determination about how good or bad they’re going to be for the Brewers.

Is it? I mean Norris wasn't all that good to begin with and period of time that he was "better" wasn't enough to say is actually better than he had been. Curtiss really didn't have all that much of a track record. They needed to do better and didn't.

Yep, it is.

At this point I think the organization has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to working with pitchers to maximize pitch design and pitch mix, usage, and sequencing.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Norris threw a double play ball that would have ended that inning but Adames botched it. Not sure I'd nitpick that trade right now.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Man, he has been a good addition too. Great swing!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Amazing how many posts there are when something finally doesn’t go the Brewers way. This place is a ghost town when they’re in cruise control.

Maybe you should review the length of the game threads the last few weeks and report back.

Of course the threads are short when the Brewers are in cruise control because there’s not much to talk about.

The longer threads are for games that have some twists and turns along the way, positive or negative.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

At this point I think the organization has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to working with pitchers to maximize pitch design and pitch mix, usage, and sequencing.

DS isn't king midas and they picked up plenty of pitchers over the offseason that have been bad. They do make mistakes. Time will tell but the early returns aren't good.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived