Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-03: Pirates (Kranick) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 8-5 in 10 innings -- Houser doesn’t allow a hit over 6.1 IP and exits with 4-run lead; things quickly unravel in the 7th]

Eye Black
A 6 man rotation, yes? With 5 days+ rest? In August? And somehow 100 pitches is fully worked? I don't get it.

Houser was gassed. He could barely find the plate in the 6th and wasn't finding all that much in the beginning of the 7th.

Gassed at 100 pitches in August? Good Grief. Do we have a strength/conditioning program problem again akin to the 90's?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure Stearns wishes he could have Phil Bickford back right now. I wonder if they would think of going back to a 5 man rotation just to be able to use someone as bullpen help for a week or two.

Amazing how many posts there are when something finally doesn’t go the Brewers way. This place is a ghost town when they’re in cruise control.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Amazing how many posts there are when something finally doesn’t go the Brewers way. This place is a ghost town when they’re in cruise control.

It's like that in every sport with every team. When there is something to talk about there is more talking.

Gassed at 100 pitches in August? Good Grief. Do we have a strength/conditioning program problem again akin to the 90's?

Pitchers are only asked to go about 5-6 innings now. There are very few pitchers that go 7-innings on average and are also being conditioned to not go beyond 100 pitches no matter what part of the year it is.

This is just how the game is played and coached now (minors and majors).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
A 6 man rotation, yes? With 5 days+ rest? In August? And somehow 100 pitches is fully worked? I don't get it.

Houser was gassed. He could barely find the plate in the 6th and wasn't finding all that much in the beginning of the 7th.

NL average for pitches per start is 83 pitches. Adrian Houser has thrown 100 pitches once, ever, in his career. Yes. He was gassed. This is not the 90's.

If only they had 2 dominant relievers they could use. Oh that’s right, it’s not the 8th or 9th inning so they are not allowed to see the field

You.... have heard that Hader is on the IL, right?

Wow. Palm to face.

By far the longest IGTs the last couple weeks have all been big wins.

If only they had 2 dominant relievers they could use. Oh that’s right, it’s not the 8th or 9th inning so they are not allowed to see the field

You.... have heard that Hader is on the IL, right?

Wow. Palm to face.

We get it. It’s a reflex to fire off a negative post as soon as there’s an opportunity

The Reds left the tying runs on base. So, if the Brewers don’t come back this would make 11 times in a row that the Brewers and Reds have had the same result when both played on the same day.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Needed to do better at the deadline with regard to the pen and didn't.

Seems a little premature to make any determination about how good or bad they’re going to be for the Brewers.

Is it? I mean Norris wasn't all that good to begin with and period of time that he was "better" wasn't enough to say is actually better than he had been. Curtiss really didn't have all that much of a track record. They needed to do better and didn't.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived