Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-03: Pirates (Kranick) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 8-5 in 10 innings -- Houser doesn’t allow a hit over 6.1 IP and exits with 4-run lead; things quickly unravel in the 7th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can really never have enough bullpen depth especially in the COVID era. This was 100% a bullpen loss. When you are up 3-0 on the Pittsburgh Pirates at home you need to get that one in the win column.

Gee whiz, you throw a terrible pitcher into a tie game and he gives up three so far… maybe throw Sanchez for another inning or two? Just dumb
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Wow. You mean a closer can pitch 2 innings?? Who knew

Given their options and the fact that they didn't need to hit for him, I thought it was a bit puzzling not to send Devin back out for the 10th.

You can really never have enough bullpen depth especially in the COVID era. This was 100% a bullpen loss. When you are up 3-0 on the Pittsburgh Pirates at home you need to get that one in the win column.

Up 4-0, actually. Bad loss indeed.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wow. You mean a closer can pitch 2 innings?? Who knew

Given their options and the fact that they didn't need to hit for him, I thought it was a bit puzzling not to send Devin back out for the 10th.

So it may not just be a Hader can’t pitch 2 innings thing. If you’re labeled a closer, you can only pitch the 9th.

Where the heck is our top prospect Ashby??

Didn't he give up like 7 runs in an inning? Would he be better?

If he's not better than Blaine Hardy then he's not our top prospect. Dfa him.

Well, they each pitched one inning in the bigs, and Hardy actually performed better.

Choking up tonight’s game late would be a bad loss.

Get the joy of facing a lefty starter (Brault) tomorrow in a day game. Even if he’s coming back from injury for a first start, that’s got the vibes of lousy results and a chance to lose the series to Pittsburgh.

Find a way to pull out the win.

Archived