Brewer Fanatic

Hader to Covid IL - Latest: Hader reinstated, Milner to AAA

markedman5

More fake postives going around, 10 days isnt a biggie

10 days is huge when trying to keep a 7 game lead.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is this still where if you test positive, you’re good for like 3-months? Maybe it’s a strategy?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Thats where the schedule benefits us, 3 of the next 4 series are the pirates and cubs, so lets crush and make it through this

At this point I think we need to start assuming that much of the bullpen will either get it or be close contacts....

if you're placed on the injured list as a close contact, it's because you are not fully vaccinated. fully vaccinated players who test negative cannot be placed on the injured list for close contact.

Don't they need to produce multiple positives (or not have a positive cancelled out by negatives) to try to avoid false positives? Thought this might have been why there was a day lag on Strickland being placed on the list, in hopes they might be able to mulligan out of it.

At this point I think we need to start assuming that much of the bullpen will either get it or be close contacts....

if you're placed on the injured list as a close contact, it's because you are not fully vaccinated. fully vaccinated players who test negative cannot be placed on the injured list for close contact.

Given the 85% threshold for loosened restrictions, doesn't this mean there can't be more than 4 who aren't vaccinated? Assuming all the roster changes didn't mess up the threshold calculation. That may at least indicate that our "close contact" cap could be anywhere between already reached and up to two more.

Is this still where if you test positive, you’re good for like 3-months? Maybe it’s a strategy?

Is that a thing?

The rule that was followed by my HS for sports this past year was: Once you've tested positive for the virus, you do not need to be tested again for 90 days from symptom onset.

I do not know if this has changed but that was the rule during my season.

Community Moderator

Is that a thing?

Honestly, it's not the worst thing to let it run its course through the team right now. Delta is everywhere so it's better to get it over with now instead of in the playoffs.

[sarcasm]Time to go get Bartolo Colon from the Mexican league...[/sarcasm]

The players all share a locker room and travel together. There’s no reason to assume this will be limited to the bullpen or that this will be the last case.

This afternoon when I heard the signal from my phone that I had a notification, I thought “I hope this isn’t more Brewers COVID news” because this was about the time the other announcements were made. No such luck.

As long as the impact on the position players stays manageable, the onus is going to be on the offense to get the team through the next couple of weeks. Can’t expect to win too many games like yesterday with the bullpen having to cover 3 or 4 innings with a 1 run lead.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I understand that nobody has an obligation to disclose whether or not they have been vaccinated. But, Hader declining to answer is going to lead people to make an assumption.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Thats where the schedule benefits us, 3 of the next 4 series are the pirates and cubs, so lets crush and make it through this

It helps to be playing weaker teams, but I wouldn’t assume that losing half of the bullpen isn’t going to make a difference. Even though the Brewers pounded in them in 6 of their last 7 meetings, last week’s Brewers sweep was sandwiched between the Pirates winning 2 of 3 in San Francisco and 2 of 3 over the Pirates. If the Brewers play like they did against the Royals, it won’t be pretty.

It’s going to take solid starts and a consistent scoring offense to ride through this.

Just to clarify, Hader tested positive so he may or may not be vaccinated.

Just to clarify, Hader tested positive so he may or may not be vaccinated.

Declining to answer if you are vaxxed definitely leads to some assumptions.

Archived