Brewer Fanatic

Brewers acquire John Axford (Not a bump, this actually happened today) Latest- "Significant Structural Damage to Elbow"

Eye Black

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Will Sammon…

John Axford is back with the Brewers. He will be in uniform and active tonight. The Brewers acquired him from the Blue Jays for cash, per club.

Axford, all-time franchise leader in saves for single season (46 in 2011), will again wear his No. 59 with Pat Murphy switching to 00.

Axford, 38, hasn't pitched in majors since 2018. He actually began 2021 as Blue Jays studio analyst. He then pitched for Team Canada in the Olympic qualifier. Then Toronto signed him to a minors deal. He dominated: 0.84 ERA, 1 ER, 2 H, 3 BB, 14 K in 10.2 IP. Now back in Milwaukee.

From Adam McCalvy…

It's an incredible comeback for Axford, 38, who last pitched in the Majors in 2018. He's been a commentator for Blue Jays TV this year but touched 98 mph while throwing for Team Canada in Olympic qualifying and landed a Minor League deal with Toronto. Now, a shot in the Majors.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I thought you couldn’t make anymore trades?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

From Will Sammon…

In case you're wondering (because I was): Trades can in fact still be made — just for non-major leaguers. Players who were previously on a major league contract this year but outrighted off the 40-man cannot be traded, either. Brewers find a way to trade. Needed RHP with guys out.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

From Will Sammon…

In case you're wondering (because I was): Trades can in fact still be made — just for non-major leaguers. Players who were previously on a major league contract this year but outrighted off the 40-man cannot be traded, either. Brewers find a way to trade. Needed RHP with guys out.

So just to expand on this- if we wanted to trade Turang for, say Robert Hassell, we'd be able to do so right now?

Wild, I was assuming this was another old bumped thread. Hope he does well, what a story that would be.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Sounds like a solid pickup assuming it is 2011.

:laughing This was solid. Nice work!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived