Brewer Fanatic

2021-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Morton) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Adames homers; Anderson with another strong outing]

Eye Black
5-1 road trip baby! Let’s go smack around those pirates at home!

Why do I have this Pavlovian feeling that we are destined to get swept by the Pirates at home?

"It's ok not to be superstitious but you should be a little stitious." - adambr2 6/4/21

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I said lastnight, The Braves have yet to have a mulit game winning or losing streak since the All Star break so it's a guaranteed win for us today.

Good call! The Braves have now alternated wins and losses for 17 straight games. From a probability standpoint that might be more impressive than a 17-game winning streak.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I have a feeling we are going to meet the braves in playoffs

The Mets stink. Do we want that?

The Mets might have a better pitching staff (if deGrom is healthy) but I don't want to have to face that Braves lineup in a five game series.

5-1 road trip baby! Let’s go smack around those pirates at home!

Why do I have this Pavlovian feeling that we are destined to get swept by the Pirates at home?

Past experiences and fan pessimism. It could happen. It’s a major league team. It shouldn’t happen. There’s no reason not to be taking 2 of 3 from them. Win series, win division. Win series, win World Series. That’s what’s in front of them.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wow! This felt like a loss waiting to happen for the last four innings or so but the pitching really buckled down when it had to. Very un-Braves like offensive performance.

It only felt that way because the Braves were at bat for about 80% of the game. I think the Brewers had seven 1-2-3 innings at bat.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I have a feeling we are going to meet the braves in playoffs

The Mets stink. Do we want that?

The Mets might have a better pitching staff (if deGrom is healthy) but I don't want to have to face that Braves lineup in a five game series.

If the Mets win that division we won't have to worry about the Braves in the post season.

Archived