Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-31: Brewers (Woodruff) at Braves (Muller) [Brewers lose, 8-1 -- Blown strike 3 call precedes Braves HR to break tie; Curtiss falls victim to some bad luck while getting tagged for 5 runs]

Eye Black
Willy's numbers vs LHP are not that great. I wonder when CC is thinking about giving him some time off.

I thought I remember him being a reverse splits his entire time in Tampa as well. He's probably a candidate for a day off when we face lefties

Yeah, he's reverse splits wRC+ career 83 vLHP, 122 vRHP. Seems like a good time to rest him. Leave Tellez at 1st, Urias at 3rd and Escobar at SS. Give them some time to work with Escobar at 1st. Seems to be forcing it IMHO

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's probably a bit too soon to get Escobar AND urias in the lineup. I don't think either plays 1b. So unless they put Escobar in corner OF I don't think that'll happen.

I guess wong could take a day off but I kinda doubt that too

Stearns specifically said after the Escobar trade they would look at playing him at 1st even though he never has and that Escobar was open to it.

Right, I just think it will take more than 48 hours for him to be comfortable enough there to play it in a game considering zero experience there. Maybe in a couple weeks... That's my guess.

This quote seems like he is being treated like a “snowflake”. Give him sometime to be comfortable to play first base. Council virtually quoted my comment from the McCalvy tweet.

Right, I just think it will take more than 48 hours for him to be comfortable enough there to play it in a game considering zero experience there. Maybe in a couple weeks... That's my guess.

This quote seems like he is being treated like a “snowflake”. Give him sometime to be comfortable to play first base. Council virtually quoted my comment from the McCalvy tweet.

So no one actually called him a snowflake, and one person posting something that you yourself interpreted as such equals everybody? Bit of hyperbole, no?

Weird. I’m getting Arizona specific ads (I live in AZ) when I open the forum now. Is this a thing?

Ads changed for me too in the last day or so. I get an ad when I change forums or refresh a page.

Yes, I’ve started getting mobile ads the past two days as well….

Wow one of my favorites of the year

These guys are bad at their jobs.

Really? Cause the biggest takeaway I got from that is the average is 95%.

That sounds pretty good.

If course the average is going to be high. Many are clearly balls or strikes, and they still get them wrong.

If course the average is going to be high. Many are clearly balls or strikes, and they still get them wrong.

Yeah any dude sitting at home with a beer and bag of chips could accurately call probably 90% of pitches correctly. I always thought the tradition of having someone who can't even see the pitch coming in from the right view be the one to call the pitch is pretty silly.

Gross. Flipped over to the Mets-Reds game in time to hear Mets announcer call Javy Baez “the highest impact defensive player in the major leagues.” What the hell does that even mean?

Tags!

Gross. Flipped over to the Mets-Reds game in time to hear Mets announcer call Javy Baez “the highest impact defensive player in the major leagues.” What the hell does that even mean?

It means he's the greatest tagger by infinity that has ever or will ever play baseball.

Pretty quiet thread. Not enough bad things happening for some folks, I guess.

Not a lot of great things either, aside from the defense, in defense of the other side of folks

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
he saw the same thing three straight pitches. gotta swing
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

As an aside, it is painful to watch CB Bucknor have zero awareness of where the outside corner actually is.

It's tough to be the worst in a profession where basically all of your peers suck too, but Bucknor is up to the task.

Weird. I’m getting Arizona specific ads (I live in AZ) when I open the forum now. Is this a thing?

Ads changed for me too in the last day or so. I get an ad when I change forums or refresh a page.

I keep getting ads for bicycle pumps they call enlargers...

I keep getting ads for bicycle pumps they call enlargers...

Must be where those fat bike tires come from

Archived