Brewer Fanatic

Berrios to the Blue Jays

Padres fans have to be absolutely beside themselves right now. Which is kinda awesome. I bet the Padres make some sort of terrible deal for Gibson now.

This is unfortunate as I was hoping the Brewers could get Gibson. Now the Padres probably will drive up the asking price.

Padres fans have to be absolutely beside themselves right now. Which is kinda awesome. I bet the Padres make some sort of terrible deal for Gibson now.

I personally kinda wanted the Padres to do well as a hedge against the Dodgers. It's entirely conceivable that the Giants hold onto the division and the Padres beat the Dodgers in a 1 game playoff. That's truly the best case scenario at this point that doesn't involve the Brewers. It would generally be so much less gross losing the the up and coming Padres than the Dodgers who are more or less the new/better in every way Yankees.

That's one opinion anyway...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I personally kinda wanted the Padres to do well as a hedge against the Dodgers. It's entirely conceivable that the Giants hold onto the division and the Padres beat the Dodgers in a 1 game playoff. That's truly the best case scenario at this point that doesn't involve the Brewers. It would generally be so much less gross losing the the up and coming Padres than the Dodgers who are more or less the new/better in every way Yankees.

Me too. It's just fun seeing other fanbases freak out for a change. And fun seeing other teams overreact to moves that their rivals are making. I have no doubt that the Padres are gonna do something stupid this afternoon. They very much have a "little brother" complex when it comes to the Dodgers, and losing out on Scherzer, and coming away with no Berrios has to have them stewing.

Community Moderator
I really like Berrios, but one thing that would make me nervous about paying such a high prospect cost for someone with 1.5 years of control is the fact there is looming labor strife that could very possibly impact at least a portion of next season.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived