Brewer Fanatic

Luke Voit

There has been a lot of chatter about the Yankees looking to shop Luke Voit after acquiring Rizzo. Seems like some other teams don't subscribe to the Brewers theory of collecting a bunch of talented players and then figuring it out as they go. What would it take to bring in Voit? Tellez has been hot, but Voit led the AL in HRs last year in a short season. He's having a down year but he's got a lot of control left and the Yankees seem to have little leverage with him. Maybe worth getting him? If not for this year, for the following years.

There's at least some thought that they may be planning on shifting LeMahieu to 1B next year, with Torres moving back to 2B, and then going hard at the FA SS market.

So Voit could be available, if that's the plan.

Would think they'd want pitching and good prospect back. Could something like Houser and Turang get it done? Brewers could add another arm from a different deal to replace Houser.

I think that would get it done, but I think it would be completely insane on our part.

Yeah, Voit has red flags all over his stat lines, and I agree with endaround. Seems like a guy that from here on is about 50/50 odds between toast and a major rebound candidate.

I'd rather roll with Tellez, personally.

Archived