Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-30: Brewers (Burnes) at Braves (Toussaint) [Brewers win, 9-5 -- After trailing by 4-runs in the 1st inning, the comeback Crew dominates; Escobar homers in Brewers debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JBJ hasn’t been nearly as bad lately but his overall line is never going to look good now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Dang. Good AB from Narvaez. Those two runs would’ve been big.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I've seen enough Yelich is not getting his job back.

I agree that Tyrone should be playing over him at this point. I just don’t see CC sitting him when he comes back.

Really no reason to think too much about it until Yelich comes back.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

it wouldn't be the worst idea to just plan a short outing for Burnes and get him some rest. It is not his day Bullpen can take it home from here.

FIFY

I mean it was still not Burnes' day by his standards. He is just, fortunately, getting a lot of fun support.

I’ve liked letting our guys go deeper and get out of things. Tonight just didn’t feel like that should’ve been the case. A rested pen. Guys that need to be sent down. Use them and get this W. Now this inning could be a mess.

I don't really understand the logic of leaning on Burnes on his worst day at up near 100 pitches after pulling Peralta at 68 pitches on his best day. Go get him. He doesn't have it today.

Burnes is going to have to rethink his plan if he doesn't have the same stuff due to the ban.

I mean, his last 5 starts he has a 0.90 ERA

Got to see Duval play as a 16 year old in the babe Ruth Ohio valley regional..

He was a member of the beechmont Kentucky team that won it and played in the 16-year-old world series.

His dad coached the team and they had a 6 foot 5 kid that was touching 91 as a 16-year-old.. quite a few college and pro scouts at it.

I was coaching my son's team in it made up from kids west of Madison.

We won one game but we're really overmatched.

Archived